PDA

View Full Version : Cribbage Board Box

Jeff Belany
04-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Anyone know of any suppliers of a box with a cribbage board on the top surface, hinged and has room for a deck of cards & the pegs inside. Colorado Heirlooms has one, just curious if any others out there. I can probably make one if I can get by local CNC guy to drill the holes. Nice guy but not too reliable as to when he'd get it done.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Joe Hillmann
04-25-2013, 1:05 PM
This sounds pretty close to what you are looking for it is for .110 thick wood you will have to rescale it to use a different thickness. If you line the inside with felt a deck of cards fits snugly inside.

Joe Hillmann
04-25-2013, 1:12 PM
You will also need to make a couple of these to glue it.260844

You assamble the cribbage board, slip two of these clamps over it to hold it together then put a few drops of super thin superglue on each joint. The tight joint will suck the glue in. Make sure you don't get glue on the hinge and put the cribbage board upside down to dry if you don't capalarie action will suck the glue out of the joint and between the box and what ever it is sitting on.

Paul Phillips
04-25-2013, 4:35 PM
Or if you want to get a bit fancier, there's this one I posted a while back, since you don't have a CNC you could cut out the Corian with a bandsaw or jigsaw and use the laser to mark the holes, and then use a drill press to drill them, I also put a radius-ed edge on both pieces. PM me if you want the files.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?200876-Cribbage-Box
Paul

Chuck Jarrett
04-25-2013, 4:52 PM
Try cribbagesupply.com