PDA

View Full Version : DC reducer fittings source (for Super Dust Deputy cyclone)?

Ken Platt
04-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Folks - I'm looking for the fitting I need for a 6" DC outlet (on the Super Dust Deputy cyclone) to attach to 5" hose. I've not been able to find a 6" to 5" DC fitting in which the 6" side has an ID of 6" to fit over the port. Can anyone assist? I know that Oneida sells one if you get the system directly from them, but I was planning to get mine at the local Woodcraft to save on the high shipping costs for these units. Thanks -

Ken Platt

Peter Aeschliman
04-25-2013, 1:46 PM
how about buying the cyclone from woodcraft, but buying the fitting from Oneida? That way you're only paying the shipping cost on the fitting.

Mark Carlson
04-25-2013, 3:05 PM
I never could find a 6in dc fitting that would actually fit on my SDD. Even the one that Oneida sold didn't really fit securely. I have the original metal version. So, I connected a 6in hose to the SDD and used a 5 to 6 in reducer on the DC side.

~mark

Ken Platt
04-26-2013, 4:28 PM
In poking around online I found a place that sells reducers for a reasonable price, they have a good selection of DC stuff, kencraftstore.com. They actually have a few fittings I need, so it should work out ok.

Mark, that is actually a good idea even if only for better air flow, unfortunately I do not see any inexpensive short pieces of 6 in hose.

Ken