PDA

View Full Version : Need to bypass door on mini 24 Epilog

brian fithian
04-25-2013, 9:20 AM
I have some paddles that need to be engraved on my Epilog. I will need to keep the front door open to engrave on them. I have been told i can use a magnet to bypass the switch but, do not know if I need certain size or types of magnets or where to put them...

Tim Bateson
04-25-2013, 9:54 AM
Not sure when they added those, so depends the age of your Mini 24. On my machine, I can can pull off the front panel & I engrave with no issues. I once bypassed (not recommended) on the lid using just a small bar magnet.

Real Mercier
04-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I have the Epilog Mini 24 also. I just got some round madnets from my local Woodcraft store. Size does not matter. If you look at the top edge of the front panel, you will see two small magnets. Just put those magnets the same place they would fall when the panel is closed.

Hope this helps.

Real Mercier

Joe Pelonio
04-25-2013, 8:16 PM
Not sure about the mini, but my Legend has enough room to pass it through if you take the sides off, without worrying about the door. Look inside and see if there are square openings
at the back of the inside on the right and left, if so, you can probably do that.

Bill Cunningham
04-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Joe. On the TT you can use the left side only. The opening on the right side is above the table and you cant adjust for a focus. I cut a door in the left side of my machine and close it up when not needed. The hole on the left will allow a 5.5" wide item max.. Baseball bats and paddle handles fit fine. i partially block the hole around the item, so the vent is disturbed as little as possible..(for those that don't use one, the TT requires the blower vent for tube cooling)

Craig Matheny
04-26-2013, 3:22 PM
Brian you will find one or two magnetic switches on the front cover if you look inside the wires can be unplugged and a jumper from a motherboard or HDD plugs right into them with no issue I have had mine bypassed for 5 years. Just a reminder they are there for a reason so once you remove them you need to be careful