PDA

View Full Version : official intro/gloats/invite

john blanchard
05-14-2005, 1:27 PM
Been lurking for awhile, this is a great place. Originally from saint john new brunswick, canada, working in bermuda for 6 years, 3 more to go. I worked for myself in cda, doing mostly custom hardwood staircases. In bda we do mostly cabinets with some stairs and hardwood floors. I have been setting up my future dream shop in cda the last few years, the list, delta left tilt unisaw with exactor ex26 sliding table and excaliber overhead guard, , x5 dj20 with byrd tools helical head, delta 15" planer with byrd tools helical head, delta 14" bandsaw, delta 31-300 sanding center, clarke echols cyclone with his steel blower and leeson 5hp motor, it`s together put not piped in yet, x5 drill press on the way. I`ll be in canada from may 22-june 4, if anyone in the area wants to have a look at what i have or take it for a test drive, email me and we can set up a time. Sorry i don`t have pictures of everything.

thanks
johnnyinbda

Tim Morton
05-14-2005, 1:47 PM
Welcome to the creek!!! I thought the invite would be to Bermuda?:D:D Last time I was there was in 1979 and we stayed at "Thr Palmetto Bay" Hotel. Called it the Palmetto Ghetto...but man was it a fun time!!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2005, 2:16 PM
John....Welcome to the 'Creek! Bermuda and Canada.....Are you person of extemes? :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D .........Again....Welcome to the 'Creek!

Frank Pellow
05-14-2005, 2:38 PM
John, welcome to Saw Mill Creek.

I have never been to Bermuda, but I have been to St John and it's a great city. Sounds like you are setting up a very full shop there. We alwasys like to hear about workshop details here at SMC, so please tell us more.

Jim Becker
05-14-2005, 3:54 PM
John, welcome to the creek. Right now, you live in one of my most favorite places on the planet! I was particularly impressed with how many Canadian ex-pats live there...nearly everyone with whom I was working with on my last visit was a CA ex-pat!

Mark Singer
05-14-2005, 4:18 PM
Welcome...John!

Ted Shrader
05-14-2005, 7:21 PM
Hi John -

Welcome to the Creek. As you have discovered, it is a great place to hang out and exchange ideas.

Ted

john blanchard
05-14-2005, 9:55 PM
John, welcome to the creek. Right now, you live in one of my most favorite places on the planet! I was particularly impressed with how many Canadian ex-pats live there...nearly everyone with whom I was working with on my last visit was a CA ex-pat!
Thanks for the welcome gang, what company did you work for when were you in bda jim, were you here for hurricane fabian in 03, you don`t know what windy is until you hear 150 mph blowing outside your door. I work for sticks and stones, we also do granite counter tops.

Jim Becker
05-14-2005, 10:01 PM
John, I work for Avaya Inc. (a major enterprise focused communications solutions company) as Sr. Consultant and was providing "entertainment" for a Bermuda-based business partner's customers at a group sales event and some direct meetings. I unfortunately don't recall the BP's name...it was a couple years ago and I suffer from CRS!

Glen Blanchard
05-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Welcome John Blanchard!!!

Kelly C. Hanna
05-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Welcome...interesting living locales you have! I'll bet both are nice...your shop sounds great!!!

Bryan Nuss
05-15-2005, 1:12 PM
Hi John ... glad to hear from a fellow New Brunswicker, eh? I'm living in Moncton, just a hop, skip & a jump from Saint John. Welcome to the Creek ... I'm sure you will enjoy it here. If there is anything I can do for you up here, just drop me an e-mail. :D

Fred LeBail
05-15-2005, 6:29 PM
Hey John, welcome from another N.B.er. I am in Miramichi, that is 2 hops ,2 skips and 2 jumps from SJ. I will echo Byran's offer. I have a son living and learning in SJ at the present and am fairly well aquainted with the city.
A good place here to hang out.
Fred