PDA

View Full Version : Ash tree cut down

Steve Hudson
04-24-2013, 1:46 PM
If there is anyone in Charlotte, NC area that wants some Ash, pm me. I guy had 2 huge trees cut down and put on CL for the taking. The base of the tree is around 3' diameter and it is cut into sections ranging between 14" - 20" or so.

Thanks,
Steve

Brian Kent
04-24-2013, 2:36 PM
Ah, to be in North Carolina!

Greg Bender
04-24-2013, 3:05 PM
Steve,
I'll go one better and say I would love some and the fact that I'm in Mooresville makes it alot easier. Where in town are you? Pm me and I'll get you some contact numbers.
Greg

Steve Hudson
04-24-2013, 3:11 PM
I picked up a few pieces maybe the limbs? about 14" diameter. They have light colored wood near the outside and a darker color towards the middle but there is a pinkish red color where the light and dark blend together. Any idea what the red comes from? How is Ask to turn?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve Hudson
04-24-2013, 3:13 PM
Greg,

I live in Mooresville as well, but the wood is in the Myers Park area in Charlotte. I will most likely go out there and get more tomorrow or Friday. I only have a little SUV so I can only get a few at a time.

Thanks,

Steve

Tim Rinehart
04-24-2013, 5:35 PM
Hi Steve, I just sent a PM. I'm just over in Mint Hill, and though I REALLY don't want to get more wood at this point, I don't have any ash...soooo, I'd love to come take a look and see what I'd just hate to not have.;)

Joe Ruden
04-24-2013, 8:38 PM
If I still lived in Gastonia I would have come right on over. But where I am in Indiana they are basically cutting down every ash there is due to the emerald ash borer. There are at least five ash trees laying on the side of the road in my neighborhood right now.

Jamie Donaldson
04-24-2013, 8:53 PM
Ash is an excellent and fairly stable turning wood, but seal the ends with green wood sealer ASAP. The pinkish tint will usually bleach out with light exposure. Free wood is good, and free ash is even better!