PDA

View Full Version : Request for a picture/ measurements for the G5959 Tablesaw 1" Arbor extension

Nicholas Tiong
04-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

Just a little back story for an unusual request.

I'm from Australia and I recently bought some really nice Forrest blades from the US as I've heard great things about these blades. The problem is that I did not realise that getting a 1" ID arbor adapter to fit my table saw was so difficult as the standard arbor size in Australia is typically 30mm for 12" blades.

As my table saw looks very similar to the G5959 Grizzly machine sold in the US (and the arbor adapter I have seems to be UNF instead of Metric) I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to help a fellow woodworker out and post a picture of your 1" arbor extension (Part 6 - http://www.grizzly.com/products/g5959/parts) and if possible help me with its dimensions.

My current arbor adapter (see pic below) has a UNF 5/8" 18 TPI thread on the side that fits into the machine (black threaded side in picture) and the cone shape is ~ 1.07" in diameter where it is at is largest. The shiny side is where the blade, arbor flange and nut would sit. (Picture shows Australian Standard 30mm)

If anyone could please confirm that the part on the G5959 has the same dimensions it would be greatly appreciated, as it means i'll be able to purchase the part from Grizzly and use a shipping forwarder to get it to Australia.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Regards,
Nick

Nicholas Tiong
04-25-2013, 8:27 PM
Alternatively, if there's any other table saws with similar detachable arbors that are easily sourced online, I would be very much interested to know.