PDA

View Full Version : Supernova2 Clearance?

Adrian Anguiano
04-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I noticed the supernova2 was on clearance at woodcraft. Anyone know if its going away? It was a great deal so I was thinking about getting it for my mini lathe, just because it comes with 4 jaws, and is a good deal, even if i dont use the chuck right now on my jet mini lathe.

John Keeton
04-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Adrian, Woodcraft appears to just be putting on clearance the 'package' with the 4 jaws - not the SuperNova2 itself. Great deal, though!

Erlend Bjoernevoll
04-25-2013, 1:47 AM
I bought this package just before new year. In my package I got 2" jaws, soft jaws, spigot jaws and step jaws. Haven't tried it out yet (have a couple of other chucks) but it looks nice!
Have anyone tried the step jaws?

JoAnn Duggan
04-25-2013, 5:05 PM
I just got back from Woodcraft in Rochester, NY and bought the Super Nova 2 deal. It did include the chuck along with the other jaws. You will save $100 on this deal. Also, the sales people in the store were so nice and helpful, that i will definitely be going back in the very near future .

Jeff Gilfor
04-25-2013, 7:25 PM
When I purchased my new lathe (Nova DVR 2024) about a month ago, I also picked up the SN2 special. Got both through the nice folks at Woodcraft. They delivered and set up my lathe too!!! Saved my back!

The chuck is great. I already had a Nova G3 chuck, so knew it would be a quality item. The jaws are a nice, but can't really see using the rubber/plastic ones. Has anyone used them for anything?

Steve Hudson
04-25-2013, 9:02 PM
The guy at Woodcraft told me that the box has a typo regarding the jaws and that's why it's on clearance. I got one a few months ago and love it!
steve