PDA

View Full Version : Alert: SI cover article on R. Moss!!

Jerry Olexa
05-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Wanted to let you know so you can rush out and get yourself a copy, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED latest issues features a cover story on a beloved sports figure, R. Moss! It points out his warm, compassionate and unselfish nature. He owns 4 homes and is a father of 4 but they live with their mother in another town. A great example to our youth, he said in the article "I can't really have any friends. Its sad, really. Its lonely. But that's how I am". Gee that's surprising due to his warmth and caring personality(they loved him in Minnesota). His repeated scrapes with the law including jail time should be ignored. All that matters is how well he catches the football (for which he is paid millions)! And I'm sure there are trusting , impressionable young kids out there that think this is all cool and want to grow up to be like him and have all that money... i hope he does well @ his new home, appropriately enough, w the Oakland Raiders. Well, back to the shop or perhaps today, to the bar for a JD on the rocks. BTW, I really like him..:D and I'm beginning to sound like an old, sarcastic codger...Yes I will have a JD!:) .

Alan Turner
05-14-2005, 1:06 PM
Jerry,
Maybe I'll join you for one and we can compare him to T.O. and his contract antics. When is enough enough? Never, it seems.

Karl Laustrup
05-14-2005, 1:54 PM
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! When are you going to let your feelings out and express yourself? ;) :D

I ripped the cover off immediately upon recieving my issue. I refuse to read an article about him, especially one which is apparently trying to make us feel sorry for him. I'm going by the quote on the cover as to the contents of the article.

I said it before, that I think R.M., T.O. and a few others would do extremely well in the European league.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-14-2005, 9:45 PM
Wow! Glad my subscription expired so I don't have to see this one! :)

Tim Morton
05-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey jerry, I'd join join ya in the bar for a drink but it would put me to sleep right about now, and I'm trying to stay awake watching the red sox out on the west coast. I'm sure Randy is just "missunderstood"...poor guy:D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm just horribly surprised that you guys don't have a little more sympathy for the poor misunderstood guy! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Jerry Olexa
05-15-2005, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=Karl Laustrup]
I ripped the cover off immediately upon recieving my issue. I refuse to read an article about him, especially one which is apparently trying to make us feel sorry for him. I'm going by the quote on the cover as to the contents of the article.

Karl: You're right! I think the article is trying to say that the poor baby is just misunderstood and we all should feel sorry for him! I think SI wants a 2nd interview!

James Mudler
05-18-2005, 5:48 PM
The kid has all the talent in the world and does not even give 100% on the field. That is my 1st issue. I will get hand craps if I type the many others I have. I have a 4 year old and many sports figures are not idols. I am glad he looks up to me and I will kill myself to continue to be his mentor.

I have a friend by the name of Chris Hanburger jr. His dad is Chris Hanburger former linebacker for the Redskins 1965-78, and 9 time pro bowler. I will never forget when Chris told me his dad turned down the hall of fame because his dad would not be apart of drug abusing, ego tripped, poor excuse of a man that plays in the NFL today and that is celebrated. That is a role model.

Bob Yarbrough
05-18-2005, 7:33 PM
Randy WHO!

Mike Parzych
05-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Randy Moss epitomizes everything that's wrong with professional sports, and brought new, disgusting meaning to Prima Donna. When he was in MN the Moss Apologists would just say "That's just Randy being Randy," when he did such things a pushing a meter maid a block down the road with the front of his car. He was coddled by one of the dumbest head coaches since Wayne Fontes, the owner, and by many in the Twin Cities in general.

With "role models" such as this, it's no wonder blatant disrespect is one of the hallmarks of youth today.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-19-2005, 8:18 AM
Randy Moss epitomizes everything that's wrong with professional sports, and brought new, disgusting meaning to Prima Donna. When he was in MN the Moss Apologists would just say "That's just Randy being Randy," when he did such things a pushing a meter maid a block down the road with the front of his car. He was coddled by one of the dumbest head coaches since Wayne Fontes, the owner, and by many in the Twin Cities in general.

With "role models" such as this, it's no wonder blatant disrespect is one of the hallmarks of youth today.

I would question how many MN residents actually cared for RM. I know quite a few people from MN that are vikings fans and all of them were glad to see him leave. Granted, they will miss his performance, but when that performance makes your entire team look like the scum of the NFL, something has to be done.

John Miliunas
05-19-2005, 9:31 AM
If he doesn't get his absurd antics under control, I doubt very much he'll ever grow much *moss* under his feet!:D Any even half-respectable team won't keep him around long enough for that to happen!:) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
05-19-2005, 1:20 PM
Its good to see and read your replies. You all seem to know "what I'm talkin about". Thanks..

Mike Parzych
05-21-2005, 8:47 AM
Jeff -

You're probably right. It's just that I know this one Vikings fan who would always downplay his antics and say what a great receiver he was. The guy just irritated me to no end apologizing for Moss.

And now Ontario Smith?.....what a gang of circus freaks the whole team is.

But it was nice to hear that public opinion polls are vehemently opposed to public financing of a new stadium in The Cities. We'll have to see how that stands up in the long run.