PDA

View Full Version : Segmented Vessel

Greg Just
04-23-2013, 9:25 PM
This is by far the most complicate piece I have made and my first real large scale segmented vessel. Inspired by the work of Malcolm Tibbetts I watched his dvd's and read his book a few times, made a cutting jig and started making rings. Malcolm advises in the book to have a plan and I did, although it could have been better. The original design was for a vessel that was not quite so tall. I had some issues getting the shape correct and ended up adding a few extra rings, thus a taller vessel. It measures about 9 inches tall and 6 1/2 inches wide. I will definitely try this again. I learned a lot and would do things differently the next time. Comments are welcome.

Roger Chandler
04-23-2013, 9:27 PM
Very nice for a first! I hope to get into segmenting at some point! I applaud your venturing out into the segmented world!

Allan Ferguson
04-23-2013, 9:33 PM
Got to be brave for that type of turning. The right shape should come quickly. Good luck.

allan kuntz
04-23-2013, 9:36 PM
Nice job. I also did some turnings using his book and DVD and they are a great investment for anybody wanting to give this a try. Kinda fun eh.
Al

Doug W Swanson
04-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Looks great, Greg. Way better than my first segmenting attempt....

Bernie Weishapl
04-23-2013, 11:25 PM
That is a beauty Greg for a first.

Kathy Marshall
04-24-2013, 1:08 AM
Looks like a great 1st to me! Nice job Greg! I think you're well on your way!