PDA

View Full Version : Jet 6" x 89" Oscillating Edge Sander

Steve Losing
04-22-2013, 8:51 PM
Hi Everyone I have purchased this edge sander and I am quite impressed with the rapid stock removal and fine finishing capabilities it has. My question is about the belts used such as brand and grit. I purchased some 100 grit thinking they would be an all purpose belt. I find that they do work OK but they seem to load quite a bit and I have burnt up about half of a belt eraser trying to keep the first couple of belts in working condition. Any suggestions about this equipment would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Steve

Matt Meiser
04-22-2013, 9:08 PM
If I'm not buying Festool abrasives, I buy from Klingspor and have yet to be disappointed.

Doug Ladendorf
04-22-2013, 9:12 PM
+1 Klingspore. Use them on my belt and disk sander and they do quite well.

Mike Heidrick
04-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Angle your table along the whole width of the belt. Then you will use more of the belt while it oscillates.

I use 3M belts on my Vega OES.

Steve Losing
04-24-2013, 6:43 PM
Angle your table along the whole width of the belt. Then you will use more of the belt while it oscillates.

I use 3M belts on my Vega OES.

Hey Mike thanks for the tip have you found that some grits cause more burning than others? My sander if you do not keep the board moving seems to burn the wood at times this is like when working with oak or hickory.