PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat----Yippeeeeee

Gary Max
05-13-2005, 8:45 PM
Straight from the good folks over at Amazon.com. I used their price matching and free shipping to save a bunch of money. Hope to get it set up over the weekend. Powermatic 4224---3hp--24 inch swing.:D I would like to thank all the people here at SMC who have helped so much by sharing thier knowledge and works of art.

Jerry Clark
05-13-2005, 8:56 PM
Now that is a nice serious lathe--Love the color! Looks like it should have a track to sit on. :cool: Hope that you make some great stuff with it! :cool:

Cecil Arnold
05-13-2005, 9:07 PM
Wow, great gloat. I have the little brother (3520) and love it so I know you'll really be happy with your new toy--tool.

Gary Max
05-13-2005, 9:46 PM
This lathe will be paying for itself. It's got to work for a living. I can not wait to get a big blank on this thing. Right now I am trying to get 7 pieces of furniture built---then I will be able to give this lathe a good work-out.

John Miliunas
05-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Holy smokers, Mr. Max! (I figure now that you've got a bit 'o the Gold, "Mr." is probably appropriate!:D ) Heckuva' score, my friend! That's truly one serious machine. Now that you've got one of the BIG boys, I'll expect to see something BIG and maybe other than Cedar????:) I mean, with that bad boy, you can ransack firewood stashes of every size and flavor! Congrats.:) :cool:

Steve Inniss
05-14-2005, 7:25 AM
Gary, Good gloat - congratulations. ...have a good weekend. -Steve

Tom Stover
05-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Congratulations Gary. You've been looking for a bigger lathe for a while now. I know you'll like it, or does Margie get it?

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Congrats Gary! I have no doubt what you'll be doing this weekend!

Jim Becker
05-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Woo hoo!! That's a big-un, Gary! Congratulations. 'Can't wait to see what you spin up on that thing!

Gary Max
05-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Jim ---you can count on it being BIGGGGG.

Gary Max
05-14-2005, 2:09 PM
Oh the guy in the pic is the truck driver from Tirstate trucking out on Danville Ky.
I am twice his size--gray hair---bread---old---lazy--retired--and the list goes on and on.
I try real hard not to work more than 6 hours a day and need to go fishing at least once a week. Making money will never be very important to me but spending time with my wife and friends will always be high on my list.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-14-2005, 9:46 PM
Gary congrats on the lathe! It sure seems to be a great one!

P.s. your priorities are very well aligned!