PDA

View Full Version : Clearvue cyclone - how much "twist" (torque) is acceptable at start up?

Cyrus Brewster 7
04-19-2013, 7:42 AM
I have completed the install and wiring of my Clearvue. I briefly fired it up (not to full speed) to confirm the correct rotation of the impeller.

CV owners - I compressed the rubber spacers as per instructions (not clear how much is too much), but still get a slight twist in the assembly at start up. The whole assembly moves maybe a half inch (maybe less). I want to install the filters today but this movement has me concerned. I could tighten the spacers more but do not want to damage anything.

How much twist, if any, do any of you get at start up?

Thanks.

John Coloccia
04-19-2013, 9:22 AM
1/2" seems like a lot but once you install the filters and the ductwork, it won't move at all. I don't know of anyone that's screwed this up yet, so don't stress about it. Follow the directions, do what seems right, and build it.

Incidentally, I wouldn't recommend running the unit with nothing attached to it. Good chance you'll start popping breakers, and I also suspect there's enough torque with nothing attached that you can tweak things.

Cyrus Brewster 7
04-19-2013, 9:57 AM
Thanks John. I had a feeling this might be the case. As for stating it up - it was only briefly to check to proper rotation of the impeller.

Don Burch
04-20-2013, 5:25 PM
The in rush current or locked rotor current for this motor is 107 amps vs. half that for a 3 HP, so it is doing some work to get up to speed.

Don