PDA

View Full Version : Pierced Then Copperized Inside....

Wally Dickerman
04-18-2013, 1:43 PM
While watching TV I saw a pic taken through a microscope. I thought...why don't I do something like that with a pierced piece. The inside is copperized using Rub N Buff. It's applied like finger painting. In order to do that I roughed turned it then finished the outside. It's parted in two parts at the widest point. I'm pleased with the joint because even with the piece in hand I have to look hard to find the joint.

The Piercing and the textured copperizing are meant to look organic. I think it worked. What do you think?

It's maple, about 7 inches in dia. C&C Welcome

Doug W Swanson
04-18-2013, 1:51 PM
Beautiful! I love the different look of the piercing...

Brian Kent
04-18-2013, 1:55 PM
This is great, Wally. Congratulations.

Ronald Campbell
04-18-2013, 2:25 PM
Love the Piercing. Nice color combo

Jeremy Hamaker
04-18-2013, 3:00 PM
Very wonderful. I'm impressed by the joinery being so invisible. I really like the idea of the copperizing on the inside, and I think it's great that you took such direct inspiration from something totally outside of woodcraft, to transfer into your art. Well earned Kudos to you Sir!

jwjerry w kowalski
04-18-2013, 3:43 PM
Wally, that looks absolutely great, what a brainstorm, something totally different and exciting to look at, plus your joint is invisible. I get excited just looking at it, what a fine looking piece.

Jeff Gilfor
04-18-2013, 4:14 PM
Phenomenal!!!! Really like that.
So, can you show us that "joint" that I can't even begin to identify in the photos?
Boy, I like the way you think!
And yes, it definitely looks organic. As a physician, I can recognize organic when I see it, and this is it!

Wally Wenzel
04-18-2013, 7:48 PM
I am not really into piercing but that is fantastic. Wally

Dan Forman
04-18-2013, 7:48 PM
I like it a lot! I bet the copper really sets it off, and the piercing is very interesting to the eye.

Dan

Doug Ladendorf
04-18-2013, 8:02 PM
My gosh Wally that is beautiful! You captured something special there.

Mike Golka
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Well done Wally, I like every thing about this piece!

Mark Hix
04-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Wally, that is a great bowl!

Eric Gourieux
04-18-2013, 10:57 PM
You continue to amaze, Wally. Great job. The Rub N Buff is a great idea. I'm curious, did you part it in half in order to apply the Rub N Buff?

Kathy Marshall
04-18-2013, 11:37 PM
That is an Awesome piece Wally! I love the form and the rub-n-buff, but the piercing is what really grabs me. Love the shapes and variation in sizes.

Wally Dickerman
04-19-2013, 11:18 AM
You continue to amaze, Wally. Great job. The Rub N Buff is a great idea. I'm curious, did you part it in half in order to apply the Rub N Buff?

Thanks Eric....Rub N Buff comes in a tube and is quite thick. I apply it like finger painting. So yes, that's why I parted it in half.

Jim Underwood
04-19-2013, 12:37 PM
The Piercing and the textured copperizing are meant to look organic. I think it worked. What do you think?

I think I should report this post. It's a crime that this looks so spectacularly good, and you're questioning whether it worked..... Just WOW!