PDA

View Full Version : Need help I can not find out how to convert a CMYK drawing to RGB

Craig Matheny
04-18-2013, 12:29 PM
I have searched the forums and nothing is showing I must be doing a bad search. What I need is for some reason I have files that are coming up as CMYK in one user profile and can not figure out what to do.

In my main profile on the computer all works well....

When I open the file up under the workers profile the line cuts full power instead of just marking...

I havenoticed the file is in CMYK so maybe by converting the file to RGB will fix this but is there a simple way to convert a lot of drawings?

Chuck Stone
04-18-2013, 1:23 PM
Not sure what version you're on, but in x3 I just did it by selecting
it, then going to Bitmap, Mode and choosing.

Craig Matheny
04-18-2013, 6:42 PM
X5 ver. and it is not a bitmap there needs to be away to set up default colors so when you open afile it chooses rgb or cmyk i just can't figure it out.

Ron Chapellaz
04-18-2013, 7:21 PM
Craig, to convert the whole file from CMYK to RGB go to Edit, find and replace, replace objects, replace a color model or palette then replace with the color model to RGB. That will switch everything to RGB. I don't think that will solve the difference from full power on your workers computer though. Something else is going on...

Craig Matheny
04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Ron the full power is being it defaults to the set power if a cymk color is picked it ignores color mapping. After I change the file all is well. The issue is from one user of corel draw to the second user it is changing the file from rbg to cmyk automatically. Thanks

John Salitsky
04-23-2013, 9:12 AM
Seems odd that it would change it automatically on you although I have had stranger things happen when working with someone elses creation.

Craig Matheny
04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
John these are my files not someone elses it is changing the color from rgb when I create them to cmyk on my othere user profile on the computer something is not set up right it is driving me nuts. What I have done is now made sure that all default settings are the same did a print page on every setting in config and options so I will be testing it today as there were a few discrepancies between them

John Salitsky
04-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Okay gotcha! In that case it has to be somethig in the default settigs and my guess is chnaging them to match the default settings of the progam that is not doing this will solve the problem. Don't quote me her but my guess is that the default setting is CMYK and not RGB due to RGB being mainly used for web and CMYK for print. Corel is used mainly for print desingers which is also the reason you are able to assign Pantone colors as well.