PDA

View Full Version : This person would have had some BIG tools...

Raymond Fries
04-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Check this out :eek::

http://bestpicstuff.blogspot.com/2009/11/36feet-human-skeleton-found.html

Ever wonder why stuff like this never makes the evening news?

Erik Loza
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
I'll bet his pet dog was a Chupacabra and his neighbor was Sasquatch... :D

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Chris Padilla
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Photoshop is a fun skill to learn! :)

Jim Rimmer
04-16-2013, 1:37 PM
Photoshop is a fun skill to learn! :)
I have seen a website with the two photos that were combined to create the first picture. It is a photoshop hoax.

Eric DeSilva
04-16-2013, 2:58 PM
Ever wonder why stuff like this never makes the evening news?

Because it has to be fake? This has a decent discussion of why you can't have someone that large: http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=39283.0. If you double a human's height, their weight would scale as a cube. Unfortunately, bone strength would only scale as a square, so their skeleton couldn't support their weight.

ray hampton
04-16-2013, 9:00 PM
Because it has to be fake? This has a decent discussion of why you can't have someone that large: http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=39283.0. If you double a human's height, their weight would scale as a cube. Unfortunately, bone strength would only scale as a square, so their skeleton couldn't support their weight.

how do a man or woman 3feet 6 inches tall compare to a windmill greaser of 7 feet tall

Matt Meiser
04-16-2013, 9:05 PM
If you double a human's height, their weight would scale as a cube. Unfortunately, bone strength would only scale as a square, so their skeleton couldn't support their weight.

Well, duh...why do you think they didn't survive? :D

Kevin Bourque
04-16-2013, 9:26 PM
Well, duh...why do you think they didn't survive? :D

Because the dinosaurs ate them.

Eric DeSilva
04-17-2013, 7:31 AM
how do a man or woman 3feet 6 inches tall compare to a windmill greaser of 7 feet tall

I was talking about doubling from nominal--7' is still close to nominal in the grander scheme of things (although Andre the Giant actually had some serious skeletal issues during his life and he wasn't much over 7 ft). The issue with someone 1/2 size isn't as severe--the weight is 1/8th of nominal, but the skeleton is still 1/4 as strong, so the weight is still supported. The example given is a 6 ft person weighing 160 lbs. If they were 12 ft, they would weigh 2^3 times as much, or 1280 lbs. At 24 ft, you are now talking about almost 5 tons with bones that are only 16x as strong--could sixteen 6 ft tall guys walk around with 5 tons full time and not suffer adverse health effects? Bone will scale by cross section--increase in size squared, but weight is related to volume, which scales by increase in size cubed. Notably, skin scales as surface area, or increase in size squared too--that means at some point your skin won't be able to contain the weight of your innards and you'd rip yourself apart. There's a happy thought for you.

Matt Marsh
04-17-2013, 7:43 AM
They didn't by chance find a big axe and some oxen bones buried nearby did they?

ray hampton
04-17-2013, 6:03 PM
I was talking about doubling from nominal--7' is still close to nominal in the grander scheme of things (although Andre the Giant actually had some serious skeletal issues during his life and he wasn't much over 7 ft). The issue with someone 1/2 size isn't as severe--the weight is 1/8th of nominal, but the skeleton is still 1/4 as strong, so the weight is still supported. The example given is a 6 ft person weighing 160 lbs. If they were 12 ft, they would weigh 2^3 times as much, or 1280 lbs. At 24 ft, you are now talking about almost 5 tons with bones that are only 16x as strong--could sixteen 6 ft tall guys walk around with 5 tons full time and not suffer adverse health effects? Bone will scale by cross section--increase in size squared, but weight is related to volume, which scales by increase in size cubed. Notably, skin scales as surface area, or increase in size squared too--that means at some point your skin won't be able to contain the weight of your innards and you'd rip yourself apart. There's a happy thought for you.

there had been two movies IF I not mistaken about very tall people [50 foot woman are one that I recall ] I wonder if they weigh as much as a blue whale

Harold Burrell
04-17-2013, 6:33 PM

OK...reading that made me dizzy...;)

Bill Cunningham
04-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Perhaps they found a dent in his forehead, and a crude sling in the grave with him..

Larry Whitlow
04-19-2013, 2:15 AM
Perhaps they found a dent in his forehead, and a crude sling in the grave with him..

HaHAH. This thread has some of the best responses I've seen in a long time!

Mel Fulks
04-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Funny stuff. But no more nutty than some of the dinosaurs assembled from assorted beasts by early palientologists.

Myk Rian
04-19-2013, 5:35 PM
Wait a sec. You guys saying this woman was a fake?

Rich Engelhardt
04-20-2013, 9:25 AM
Only certain parts Myk...