PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself.

John Salitsky
04-16-2013, 6:45 AM
Hi All, new here to the forum and I would just like to introduce myself. Soooo, John here in New Jersey and I am the engraving department for a promotional products company. My background prior to engraving is as a graphic designer mostly in he print industry. I've been engravig for about 15 years now and I am currently running one Uiversal laser engraver, about 12-13 years old ( I have two but that's another story) and I am also running two New Hermes mechanical engravers, one an IS700 for flat work and a IS400 for cylindrical stuff. Believe it or not I also have an old Concept 2000 here still running off the doss program. That thing's a bear!! For software I'm mainly using Corel 15 and Flexi. Well, I guess that's about it.

Mike Null
04-16-2013, 6:52 AM
John

Welcome to SMC. We'll look forward to your input.

John Salitsky
04-16-2013, 7:13 AM
Thanks Mike! Looking forward to having a sounding board and a few brains to pick.

Martin Boekers
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks Mike! Looking forward to having a sounding board and a few brains to pick.

Feel free to jump in and let us pick your brain a bit tooo. :)

Welcome!

John Salitsky
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks Martin! Yes, I do have a nominal brain to pick.

Paul Phillips
04-16-2013, 1:31 PM
Welcome to the Creek John. Do you have any specific areas of expertise that you use your engravers for or do you do a bit of everything? Looking forward to seeing some examples of your work.
Paul

John Salitsky
04-16-2013, 3:18 PM
Hi Paul, thanks for the welcome!

I do a lot of plaques, mostly the standard suff and once in a while some custom stuff. A lot of plastic signage and badges as well, plaques, acrylic and glass. Mostly awards and trophies.