PDA

View Full Version : Know of a VOIP provider that can do call forwarding on a schedule?

Matt Meiser
04-15-2013, 9:58 PM
I know Google Voice does this. I can't port the landline number I have to Google without some tricks and that's not guaranteed. Vonage and Ooma say they can port it. Here's what I'd like to do:

M-F during business hours -> forward to cell
Rest of the time -> no forwarding. I won't have a phone actually connected so it will go to voicemail

When there's a new voicemail -> email me

Maybe I can forward the number to Google Voice, then forward Google Voice to my cell on a schedule. Not sure if that would work or how reliable it would be?

Phil Thien
04-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Callcentric.

www.callcentric.com

They are an inexpensive BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) VOIP provider. Their portal excels at scheduling "call treatments" (forwarding, etc.).

Matt Meiser
04-15-2013, 10:39 PM
That looks perfect. I assume you've got some experience with them?

Phil Thien
04-15-2013, 11:10 PM
That looks perfect. I assume you've got some experience with them?

Yes, I've used them for a couple of years.

The only problem I ran into was when they were under a DDoS attack (a ransom attempt). It didn't really impact me because I use SIP forwarding to an Asterisk server. People that were forwarding to a cell also experienced zero problems. Oh, and last year when hurricane Sandy hit the east coast the service was down for about 1.5 days I think, but that appears to have been more of a Verizon problem.

I have quite a bit of experience w/ SIP trunkers and Callcentric has a pretty nice portal for making changes to your account. Probably about the best. I wish every SIP carrier had that type of portal.