PDA

View Full Version : God bless America

mark ravensdale
04-15-2013, 6:11 PM
God bless America, our thoughts are with you on this sad day!!!

Myk Rian
04-15-2013, 9:45 PM
All it has done is strengthen our resolve.

Erik Loza
04-15-2013, 10:44 PM
I read that some of the runners continued to run, even after completing the marathon, onto to Mass General Hospital in order to give blood. Also saw photos of runners administering first aid to victims. Pretty moving stuff.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Tom Fischer
04-16-2013, 9:51 AM
Can only objectively observe that the numbers of good people vastly outweigh the numbers of bad people.

I used to work for HSBC Bank, multinational corporation. The payroll (over 225,000) is as diversified as the U.N.
I was in a meeting once where most of the folks (engineers) were from the Orient, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
When a question went around the room, did anybody disagree with the conclusions of the meeting, no one spoke up.
A few days later I found out from the Project Manager that many of the engineers disagreed, but they said nothing.
Apparently in their culture, it is not acceptable to seem disagreeable in that setting.
Their culture obviously has little resemblance, historical parallel to ours in America, but perhaps the direction is the same.

I hope that this is not is what happening in America. Even if the problems seem obvious to some,
it is not culturally acceptable anymore to speak bluntly.

If moderators need to delete this post, that's the way it goes.

Pat Barry
04-17-2013, 9:11 AM
First off, god bless the people of Boston. They have demonstrated true heroism, compassion, and strength during this most difficult time. I have spent little time there myself but wish I knew the place and the people better.

Rod Sheridan
04-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I'd like to offer my condolences to the families of those killed, and my heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured.

I simply don't understand this sort of terrorism, or the motiviations and goals behind it.

Thanks to all the responders at the tragedy, both professional and amateur................Regards, Rod.

Rod Sheridan
04-17-2013, 1:21 PM
Loyalty is a very admirable trait, if it's tempered with sober consideration, otherwise it's fanaticism by another name.

People who are loyal to an organisation, an individual, or a country also have an obligation to do what's in the best interest of those they are loyal to, this can, on rare occasions involve not supporting a particular action.

It's a tough issue, one we all have to remain diligent about............Regards, Rod.

ray hampton
04-17-2013, 5:46 PM
do anyone know who set the two bombs off ? I do know that the bomber know that he/she did it

Jeff Monson
04-17-2013, 6:03 PM
do anyone know who set the two bombs off ? I do know that the bomber know that he/she did it

Ray, it looks like they made an arrest today. No more news yet, but hopefully they will figure out who is behind this tragedy.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2013, 6:11 PM
Folks,

A little friendly reminder that political statements and debates violate the Terms Of Service and are not allowed.