PDA

View Full Version : Slat Wall in San Antonio?

Kirk (KC) Constable
05-13-2005, 7:01 AM
Anybody know of a place selling slatwall and/or accessories in San Antonio or Austin? I could probably 'make' my own wall if I could find the brackets and such locally. Naturally, I don't wanna wait for it...if I can find them fast (like today) I'll go that route...if not, I'll do something else. FWIW, the intended purpose is a home for very many spring and C clamps.

TIA...KC

John Hart
05-13-2005, 8:13 AM
Hey KC,

Here's one...They deal with Store Displays but it wouldn't calling them
Texas Store Fixtures
<!-- Address and Phone Number -->8930 Broadway St
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78217
Phone: (210) 805-8080 <!-- Fax Feature -->

Joe Fenner
05-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Believe it or not all of my local Home Depots carry slatwall:rolleyes:

Kirk (KC) Constable
05-13-2005, 1:50 PM
Thank you. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even think to look in the phone book, or even do a phone search. I just googled 'slatwall' and got a bunch of .com places.

The one HomeDepot I stopped at this morning didn't have it...but they did have some heavy duty peg board hooks...so that's what I'm using. Whole bunch cheaper, too.

I hate pegboard, but I like cheap.

KC

Michael Ballent
05-13-2005, 2:11 PM
Thank you. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even think to look in the phone book, or even do a phone search. I just googled 'slatwall' and got a bunch of .com places.

The one HomeDepot I stopped at this morning didn't have it...but they did have some heavy duty peg board hooks...so that's what I'm using. Whole bunch cheaper, too.

I hate pegboard, but I like cheap.

KC

Try to find a store that is going out of business and try to pick up some of the fixtures they use to display their stuff. Ultimate Electronics is closing one of their stores in the Phoenix area and I am keeping an eye on the time they dump their fixtures, or at least I may be able to buy them for a song :D.

Larry Heflin
05-13-2005, 4:48 PM
If you get up to Austin, Fine Lumber and Plywood on Brown Lane has MDF slatwall for 56.83 a sheet of 4x8. That was the price quoted to me a couple of weeks ago.

Larry