View Full Version : Glass panel doors

Don L Johnson
04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
I need to make a 15 lite cabinet door. I have a couple of router bit sets (Freud and Sommerfield), but they are limited in the mullion's width. I need a more narrow width of 7/8" wide to separate the panes of glass (they will be laid out in a 3 x 5 pattern). What would be the best way to build this door, and do you know of any tutorials on the web I might go to? I looked at YouTube and found the sites for the above bits. Thanks for any help.

david brum
04-15-2013, 10:54 AM
See if this pdf from MLCS (http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/orderstatus/html/smarthtml/graphics2/09windows.pdf) works for you.

Don L Johnson
04-15-2013, 2:00 PM
Thanks for the lead; I called MLCS and they couldn't tell me if I could cut a mullion as narrow as 7/8". So, I looked again on Bing and found a reference to an Amana Tool site that Lonnie Bird answers questions on. The door I'm building was included in one of the questions asked of Lonnie and he recommended a specific Amana Router Bit set to accomplish the task. So, the set has been ordered and now all I have to do is wait for it so I can build the mock up first (before using the good wood).