PDA

View Full Version : Postscript Fill and Raised letter lasering

George Beck
04-15-2013, 9:26 AM
Hi Everyone

I have been away a bit. Illness and the death of my father have kept me away from my work, other than the usual day to day stuff. I am back and I have been doing some raised letter plaques. I thought about using the postscript or texture fill as background instead of just raised lettering. So anyway, I discovered this little piece of cherry with little clusters of knots. This look to me like little galaxies and swirling nebula clouds. So here is a plaque I call "Star Dust". My further adventures into using wood grain as a canvas.

Martin Boekers
04-15-2013, 9:38 AM
Thanks for the post! I do quite a bit of reverse engraving and for some reason never though of a postscript back ground.

Mike Null
04-15-2013, 9:43 AM
George

Condolences on your loss.

I am a fan of post script fills and use them as often as I can. Like you, almost always for wood.

John Salitsky
04-23-2013, 10:01 AM
George, my condolences on your loss.

Some great info. here. While I have done some of this type of work I never thought of using a post script fill either.

Chad Fitzgerald
04-23-2013, 10:34 AM
sorry for your loss George.
i like the look. got a question though. i made a square and added a postscript fill. basketweave, but in the box it shows a bunch of PS instead of the pattern??? am i missing something.
thanks chad

George Beck
04-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Chad

Make sure your view is enhanced or enhanced with overprints. Draft view or normal will show "PS". Wireframe view will show nothing.

George

Chad Fitzgerald
04-23-2013, 11:43 AM
thanks george, worked just fine. thanks makes me ask this question, is there a "best" view to always work in. should i always use the enhanced view, or only when i use postscript????
thanks
chad

Mike Null
04-23-2013, 3:58 PM
Chad

I always use enhanced.

John Salitsky
04-24-2013, 10:00 AM
I second that! I always use enhanced view as well.