PDA

View Full Version : MS, Oil used cloth rags!

Sammy Shuford
05-12-2005, 9:17 PM
What do you folks do with your oil or MS soaked rags. I have been soaking them in a bucket of water. But now what. Can they be washed and reused?

Doug Shepard
05-12-2005, 9:49 PM
I typically just lace mine through the cyclone fence next to the garage, then pitch them once they're dried out.

John Hart
05-12-2005, 9:52 PM
I just throw mine in the neighbors yard.

I'm kidding:D

Ted Shrader
05-12-2005, 9:52 PM
I'm with Doug on this one. Hang 'em over something (outside), let 'em dry, and toss 'em. It is not worth the hassle (or danger) to try and re-use them.

Ted

Jeff Sudmeier
05-13-2005, 8:21 AM
I lay mine out flat on the garage floor or hang them over the saw horse legs. Once they are dry they get thrown out. The bucket of water method seems like a pain to me.

Jim Becker
05-13-2005, 8:35 AM
Oil-soaked rags go on a spike set into a landscaping wall away from the shop until they are "crispy" and then into the trash. Mineral spirits flash off quickly and do not have the issue that curing oil has. I also use a paper product for my rags...the so-called "rags in a box" from the 'borg in the blue and yellow square boxes. Scott makes them. Lint-free and nice and soft.

David Fried
05-13-2005, 9:54 AM
Ok, guess I'm strange. I wash mine with dish detergent in the kitchen sink and let them dry in the dish drainer. Often, they seem a little stiff but soften right up with the application of more oil.