PDA

View Full Version : The creek runs slow lately!

Roger Chandler
04-14-2013, 4:32 PM
Don't know if it is just me, or what........but it seems traffic on the turners forum seems a little on the S.......L.......O........W side in the last week or so!

Perhaps everyone is tied up with all the outdoor chores.......mowing, etc.

What is your observation?

Reed Gray
04-14-2013, 4:56 PM
From now till the winter weather starts in........

robo hippy

Michael Kellough
04-14-2013, 5:00 PM
It's been slow for weeks. I open two or three browser tabs populated with the turning forum and click a different thread in each then go elsewhere to read something and monitor the progress of the turning forum tabs. When a turning forum tab finally stops spinning I click in to read the thread.

Mark Levitski
04-14-2013, 5:01 PM
outdoor chores.......mowing, etc.

MOWING? MOWING?!! How 'bout plowing and shoveling snow! There's still about 2 feet of snow on the ground in the woods here, got about 4 inches the last couple days, and it's snowing now.

The Creek is running slow because it's frozen.

Tim Leiter
04-14-2013, 6:36 PM
I noticed that the creek was running slower than normal too. We got some snow yesterday but it melted off today. Still not warm enough for me to go out to my shop to work on turning stuff yet though. Tim.

David DeCristoforo
04-14-2013, 7:20 PM
Yes

it's

been

very

slow

around

here

lately.......

Sid Matheny
04-14-2013, 7:53 PM
Just tooooo many things to do outside and in the shop to get on the "puter" for very long!

Sid

Matt Ranum
04-14-2013, 8:28 PM
MOWING? MOWING?!! How 'bout plowing and shoveling snow! There's still about 2 feet of snow on the ground in the woods here, got about 4 inches the last couple days, and it's snowing now.

The Creek is running slow because it's frozen.

Way to much white stuff here, my plow is still on the truck yet. I'm 2 weeks behind right now on the tree farm. Can't even lift seedlings let cause the ground is still froze. :mad: The crop farm usually has 40 acres of potatoes in by now but not this year.

charlie knighton
04-14-2013, 8:37 PM
been hanging gallery for piedmont arts expressions show, had to turn air condintioning on last wednesday, fan at night

Timothy Mann
04-14-2013, 9:08 PM
I have been doing a lot of turning but havnt been taking many photos lately. Will try to get some taken to post later this week.

Roger Chandler
04-14-2013, 9:36 PM
Okay then, I knew it was not just me! :D What we need is more people commenting on what is posted, as well as some new posters! Lets turn this trickle into a flowing stream.........whaddayasay everybody? ;)

robert baccus
04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Hope summer falls on a weekend this year up there. 91 deg. predicted here tomorrow.

Bernie Weishapl
04-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Yard work and getting orders turned just doesn't leave much time.

Greg Just
04-15-2013, 7:05 AM
Like others, lots of other things going on and no time to post pictures. I'm currently working on a segmented piece and it is quite involved. Hope to have some pictures later in the week.

Lee Koepke
04-15-2013, 8:57 AM
I am stocking up for an upcoming show. Some flatwork, some spinny work. I do have an interesting chunk of wood faceplated up to see if I can get a nice bowl from it. Its a branchy piece of cypress, so I suspect it wont be holding any soup!