PDA

View Full Version : Saved some floor space by using even more pegboard...

Michael Dunn
04-14-2013, 1:33 PM
Hey guys!!!

For the last four years I've been modifying guitars and building vacuum tube amps as a side job. 7 weeks ago I lost my job, so this, and my other woodworking skills are my only way of earning an income. Anyhow, I have a LOT of stuff in my 400sq/ft shop besides power tools. Electronic test equipment, computers, CNC milling machine, guitars and amplifiers as well.

Until a few days ago I had a guitars stand that held 6 guitars. I kept most of mine in there and usually left one space open for a customers guitar. Well, that location was pretty cramped. Sorry no pics of it that I can find. I moved it all to make room for my cyclone. I also store some sheet goods in that same area. So I decided to build something that would...

1. Make room for the cyclone to be mounted near the ceiling.

2. Free up floor space for the steel trash can beneath.

3. Still allow sheet goods storage.

4. Has usable wall space for hanging things, mainly guitars.

So I built a sub wall of sorts with a pocket for sliding 4'x8' sheets of plywood vertically. It gets the sheets off the floor, prevents them from tipping over into me at my workbench, and allows me to hang several guitars as well. I used the French Cleat idea to make modular guitar hangers that can be slid back and forth as needed.

Here are some pics...

Yes, it does bother me that they tilt slightly. This is due to the asymmetry of the headstock design. I'll probably add some sort of padding behind the part of the body that contacts the wall.