PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer anti-kickback splitter

Scott Stofik
04-13-2013, 9:49 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster....

I finally realized my fingers are important to me and decided to pick up the biesemeyer anti-kickback splitter for my left tilt Unisaw. I just got done with the installation and had a question about the fit. How much play should there be with the splitter in the bracket? It's not like I can tighten down on the splitter any, but there is a little pivoting that the splitter can do within the assembly bracket. I assume that there should be a little play and not rigid, but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Robert LaPlaca
04-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Hum, same setup as I have, maybe a 1/32" inch of play from front to back of the actual splitter in the bracket. My setup is maybe 10 years old.. Even with that amount of play, I have found that sometimes I need to apply paste wax to the end of the splitter where it drops into the bracket to make it install and remove easier. Hope this helps..

Gerald McGrantham
04-13-2013, 12:16 PM
I had that splitter on my PM-66. It was not snug and you could move it side to side very little. Never had an issue with it. The splitter did what it was supposed to do, it worked great.

Gerald

Peter Quinn
04-13-2013, 7:18 PM
I had that splitter on my PM-66. It was not snug and you could move it side to side very little. Never had an issue with it. The splitter did what it was supposed to do, it worked great.

Gerald

Ditto. PM66, just a little wiggle, never a problem, great little device.

Don Morris
04-13-2013, 9:39 PM
I put that same splitter on my Grizzly 1023 left tilt, with no modifications needed; because I understand it's a copy of the left tilt Unisaw. That's about the play I get and never had a problem. Great idea about the paste wax to the end for easy removal. Hadn't thought about that and will use that idea.

Ron Kellison
04-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I have a slight wiggle in mine as well. About the only thing I've ever had to do was to occasionally hit it with the air gun to blow the dust/chips out. Good idea about the paste wax!

Ron

Scott Stofik
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure it was the way it was supposed to be.