PDA

View Full Version : Help

Vince Williams
04-13-2013, 8:54 AM
Anyone on here close to Summertown Tn. I am in need of help on a 25 watt mercury laser. I am at my wits end, been foolin with machine and tech support for over a month and still problem not resolved. Installed new mother board and now laser home position is off, reinstalled laser master 2 can not get the x and y set correct on the display. Any help or assistance would be awesome!!!

Vince Williams

Rodne Gold
04-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Instruction of how to reset the laser origin are in this thread
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?201287-Help-with-Laserpro-Mercury-I-25w-Laser

Carol Stopforth
04-14-2013, 4:58 PM
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and not sure where to post a new thread. So forgive me jumping in here.
I have a Chinese engraver, a 50 watt Perfectlaser machine (model MT3050). Does anyone know anything about these machines? I am having a problem when switching it on it makes a dreadful noise and the laser arm vibrates for a while (screen says it's resetting). Eventually it resets and then goes silent and I can use it. But the noise and vibrations cannot be healthy for the machine. Does anyone have a clue what this could be?
Secondly, when I tried to do an engraving this afternoon, the machine stopped with a message "Not enough extend space, please escape". I'm not sure what this means or how to correct it.
If anyone can throw some light on this for me I will be eternally grateful

Pete and Carmen Vaca
04-14-2013, 7:07 PM
1. Was the machine ever operating properly?
2. If yes, check for loose belts, could be something came loose on the drive and you are hearing the belt skipping. Conversely if new the tension could be too tight.
3. Check for obstructions, if new it could be shipping blocks that are there to keep things from moving while shipping.
4. Does it run fine after it barely gets to the home position?

Richard Rumancik
04-14-2013, 8:16 PM
Welcome Carol. Since Vince's question has (probably) been answered your post likely won't cause a problem. But in the future, you should start back at the main page that shows all the current posts, and you will see a blue icon with "+Post New Thread". That is where you should have started. When you title your thread, it is best to give it a meaningful title such as "Need Help with Chinese Perfectlaser system" (not just a title like "I need help".)

Now a question: is the table moving up and down or is the carriage moving when you hear the noise/vibration? There was a thread recently of GCC Laserpro's doing this but it only happens when the table is lowered or raised. It's not clear what your machine is doing when the noise occurs. Let us know and it will help troubleshooting.

Do you have a manual? I have never heard of that name but maybe it is a clone of something else. Chinese error messages can be cryptic as they seem to use an on-line translator. Two wild guesses: it could mean a memory problem, or it could mean that your graphic was mapped outside of the boundaries of the page. Is your CorelDraw page size matching your driver page size? If the laser tries to map a large graphic to a small page something will choke. So check that. Otherwise you really need to find a liaison with the factory technicians or NA rep. Sooner or later you will need to get technical help from the manufacturer so you need to figure out how to get through to them. How did you acquire this laser?

Rodne Gold
04-15-2013, 2:13 AM
MT in all likelyhood means its a MeiTu machine
Like this ?

Could be that one of the limit switches to tell it that it's at home position is faulty or misaligned , its trying to find a home ....
If the machine does not find a true home , then it will give errors like yours , cos even if the graphic is within the machine bounds , due to the home error , it will think it is not.
You MUST get tech support on this from your seller.

Carol Stopforth
04-20-2013, 9:13 AM
Hi - thank you all for your input. To answer your questions:
The machine has worked perfectly for about 15 months. The trouble is a recent one. The normal procedure is - when I switch the machine on, the arm moves to the home position, and once in the home position it is ready to use. Now however, when it gets to the home position, it starts to make the most dreadful rattling noise, and the arm vibrates (which causes the noise). After a while the machine resets itself, and it stops the noise and vibrating.
The above is an image of the machine. It is from Jiaxn Laser company in China. We bought it in Cape town from the "Perfect Laser" agent - see www.perfectlaser.co.za There is absolutely no support forthcoming and you can never get hold of anyone, despite leaving numerous messages, voicemails, and emails. There are rumours that the companyno longer exists. I have been in touch with China as well, but they either ignore me or take 3-4 days to respond. So I have to try and sort out my problem on my own (and hopefully with your guys help).
A new problem has now popped up - a water error. The machine still uses the water bucket and pump method. The water seems to be running into the tube, but the machine persists with it's water error message, and while this happens the machine cannot work. We have put the water source higher to create more pressure (as suggested by the factory in China) but this makes no difference.
We have however noticed that on the control board (PC board) there is a light flashing. I took a photo of this:
:260470
We are first going to have to sort out the water error and vibrating before we will be able to work on the reason why it stops engraving in the middle of a job. It could well just be a setting that needs changing. But until the other 2 problems are sorted the machine won't work.
We have asked other laser engraving companies whether they could repair it but nobody wants to touch it. Seems like we got ourselves a pig in a poke here. So much for going for the cheapest machine, cheaper is definitely not always better and I will never do this again. I really hope you guys can guide me here, as I am truly desperate.
The sad thing is, when the machine works it engraves really beautifully.

Richard Rumancik
04-20-2013, 10:11 AM
. . . The trouble is a recent one. The normal procedure is - when I switch the machine on, the arm moves to the home position, and once in the home position it is ready to use. Now however, when it gets to the home position, it starts to make the most dreadful rattling noise, and the arm vibrates (which causes the noise). After a while the machine resets itself, and it stops the noise and vibrating. . . . .

When it goes to "home" is there is a switch that it is bumping against (or perhaps there an optical switch triggered at the home position)? Is the gantry otherwise completely stopped while it is making the vibrating sound? If so it would seem that the viibration would be coming from a gantry motor that is oscillating for some reason. There must be some reference switches somewhere, if not at 0,0 so it might be worthwhile to make sure your limit switches and 0,0 are set properly. It's possible that there some mismatch between mechanical limits of the gantry, and where the laser carriage is being commanded to to go, and that is causing an oscillation. In other words, if there is a physical stop preventing motion, but the control system is trying to go to a point past the physical limits, the motor will fight the physical stop and oscillate.

The water problem should be easy to solve . I would suggest that you get a better pump because if it can't generate enough pressure such that raising the bucket is considered a "solution", then the pump is very marginal. You can probably get a fountain pump or a small utility pump for a reasonable price. If the problem persists after that, then I would look at the flow sensor. If you are sure you have proper water flow but are still getting the error, then you have to check out the flow detector as it might be faulty. But if it is a real flow problem it must be corrected or the glass tube will fail quickly. Can you see visually that the water is flowing properly?

Rodne Gold
04-20-2013, 10:16 AM
The water error is probably because the flow meter is faulty , it could be the red led flashing is because of this..check the wires from the flow meter are tight into the board or that the flow meter is indeed working. You can , if you have access to the user or factory setting , turn the water flow meter function off. Ask the factory how to do this. Where in CT is perfectlaser based?
it could be that the motherboard is faulty , it is a leetro as far as I can see , you can order a replacement ex china.
Maybe these guys in CT can help .... they stock tubes so might have spares
http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-industrial-machinery-in-milnerton/co2-laser-tubes-and-power-suppys-432140872

Carol Stopforth
04-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys, I will check the flow meter, have also emailed cnc-sa regarding spares. I see they also sell laser engravers, any idea if their machines are any good Rodney?

Rodne Gold
04-20-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't know how good theirs are , depends who they buy from in China.
I imported my own machines .. went to the factory and all so saw it at source and had seen and tried similar machines at Vincent de Klerk in CT.
I also brought in a raft load of spare for my Shenui's , only had to use a tube and a few lenses so far in 2 years of use.