PDA

View Full Version : Triton router owners

Ken Miller
04-12-2013, 8:17 PM
Does anyone use dust collection through the dust shroud? What is the connection like? I would like to mainly use it in a table with dust collection through the bottom and connect to a shop vac. When I asked the question to Triton, they responded with, "it is an ongoing problem but 'they heard' there is a hose from bosch that works well."

glenn bradley
04-12-2013, 9:04 PM
Dad has been running one for years. The hose threads into the attachment point. That is, the dust port is threaded on the inside and the ribs of the hose thread into it like a screw. We used a standard small Shop-Vac hose (1-1/4"?) and it threaded right in. We put the vac under the router table and setup an automatic switch. The dust collection is surprisingly good with just the lower shroud; better when combined with fence collection depending on the type of cut.

BobW Robinson
04-12-2013, 9:55 PM
I have two Tritons - one fitted to a Norm type table and the other for free hand use. As Glenn mentioned, a fence extraction point is really needed. I see most of the chips leave through the top outlet. With the hand held router the shop vac fits right into the shroud and works quite well. Don't understand Triton's response. Having said that, this is the third owner of the company.

Jonathan Clement
04-12-2013, 10:17 PM
I have our Triton mounted under a Kreg table. I got a vacuum cleaner hose from a local vacuum cleaner dealer (1 1/2" O.D. I think). It threaded nicely into the dust shroud. Chip collection with this in combination with the fence opening is pretty good.

Ken Miller
04-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the replies. wanted to make sure some hookup was possible before I bought it. You still have the problem of connecting the small hose without a hard end to a shop vac hose of 2.5" though. My old PC 7329 that I have used for years has the shroud for under the table collection and it is all that I have ever used. I'd say for 90% of the work I do, it does a great job of dust collection. The only time I wished I had something else is when using a large diameter bit which blocks to much of the opening to allow the dust to go down

Tai Fu
04-13-2013, 1:16 PM
I had to loosen the screw holding the clear plastic shroud to be able to thread the shop vac hose through, it was slightly too large, enough that it won't fit.