PDA

View Full Version : corel X3 question

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Hello,
I am running corel X3 and never had a problem editing BMP images in corel photo paint. Photo paint used to open when I clicked on "edit bmp"right from the draw appluication. I am running Windows 7.
Now the windows 'paint' opens when I want to edit a bitmap.
Help. I want the photo paint to open so i can save the edited image right back into draw.

George Brown
04-12-2013, 11:34 AM
You have to set the default program to open bmp files. Go to start, and click on control panel. On the control panel, click on view by in the upper right and select large icons. Click on default programs. Then click on associate a file type or protocol with a program. In the list that shows up, find bmp, and click on it. Then click change program in the upper right. Select photopaint, or if it is not visible, click the "+" next to other programs and select corel photopaint. Click ok and you should be all set.

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-12-2013, 10:12 PM
George.
Thanks for the reply.
I have followed your instructions but when I go to change program, Photo paint does not show up. Then when I click "+", it still does not show up. Photo paint is installed because i can start it fron the start menu.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
04-13-2013, 9:21 AM
George.
Thanks for the reply.
I have followed your instructions but when I go to change program, Photo paint does not show up. Then when I click "+", it still does not show up. Photo paint is installed because i can start it fron the start menu.

Abdul, it sounds like you just have to browse to where your Corel Photo Paint executable file is located. One,of the easiest ways is to just right click on the Corel Photo Paint in your Start/Programs Menu and then click properties. In there you should see the location of where the program is located. Once you have that information, then follow George's instructions but browse/navigate to the location noted from above step. Once located click on the .exe file and make sure to select that as the default program for opening BMP files. Hope that helps.

-Mike

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-13-2013, 9:50 PM
Mike,
I can't seem to locate the .exe file for photo paint.
When I go to properties from the start menu it only shows this
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3
I really dont know where to locate the .exe file.

Dan Hammerstron
04-13-2013, 10:17 PM
C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3\Programs....corelpp will be in there..

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-15-2013, 6:40 AM
I have located the corelpp.exe and corelpp.dll files in C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3\Programs... and have tried to reference both of them, separately, as the default programs to edit bmp files from within corel draw. Corel Photo Paint shows up as the default program but when I try to edit a birmap from corel draw, it still opens "Paint" instead of Corel Photo Paint.
I have re-started the computer but still the same problem.
Still need help

Mike DeRegnaucourt
04-15-2013, 8:33 AM
Hi Abdul,

Try bringing up your Windows file explorer (Windows Logo Key + E) and navigate to the location where you found the corelpp.exe file. If you double-click on the .exe file, does it at least bring up Corel Photo Paint for you? I'm just wondering if maybe something has become corrupted on your PC. If double-clicking the .exe. file does not work, you may have to do a re-install of Corel or maybe go into Add/Remove programs and do a repair on Corel.

-Mike

George Brown
04-15-2013, 9:53 AM
Corelpp.exe is the correct program file, DO NOT do anything with corelpp.dll

Are you sure the bitmap graphics file that you load into corel draw has a bmp extension?