PDA

View Full Version : Found toolbox in my old shop, looky what I found

steven c newman
04-11-2013, 2:39 PM
An old plastic tool box from the old Pole barn Shop I had last year. Seems it held a few surprises inside259723There were three handsaw totes, a full set of Lathe chisels for my lathe, and259724four versions of this:eek: little guy. one was a chisel plane that used a 1/2" wide chisel, another was a 1/2" wide cove plane ( Hollow? or Round?) along with a 3/8" cove plane. I also had a 3/8" wide, "V" groove cutter of a plane. Maybe I should look through a few of my other boxes?:confused:

Another, better look at that "V" groover?259725259726 Still need to make new wedges for the other ones. This one works real nicely, once I remembered to start on the correct end of a board259727Needed to set up a "fence" first. The outside edge was done in a couple passes with a hand plane. :D

steven c newman
04-12-2013, 11:48 PM
259815Had to go back and re-size this photo of the inside of the tool box. About a dozen lathe chisels in there. There is also another wooden plane body laying there. May have to go back out to the old place and dig around some more.....

Matt Ranum
04-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Give them a good home. :cool:

I was sorta confused at first, thought you found a toolbox you stuck away for years and forgot you had it. Were these in an old shop you aquired?

steven c newman
04-13-2013, 4:32 AM
When I moved into my new shop, most of the tools went along. I had thought that old tool box was empty, and left it behind. Still had some stuff out at the old place, and went back later to finish the clean out. Looked into the box and ....oops, more toys! My LARGE Tablesaw and a few other large items are still in storage out there. Will need a couple of them in a few weeks....

Matt Ranum
04-13-2013, 8:24 AM
Ahhh gotcha. ;)