PDA

View Full Version : Corel type/font question.

Jeff Greer
04-11-2013, 2:38 PM
Simple Corel question.

How do I get it to type/format my letters so that the lower case letters are just smaller Capitalized letters? I like the look but I cant figure it out.

Thanks for any input.

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-11-2013, 3:07 PM
In X6, select your Text Properties Docker (if it's not already open, select Text, Text Properties) and look in the middle of the docker. You should see a button that has an "ab" on it. When you hover over it with the mouse it will say "Caps" ... after you click on that, you should have a series of options. You will most-likely want the Small Caps (Auto) option.

Scott Shepherd
04-11-2013, 4:03 PM
It's a hot key too, something like "Control K". You either highlight the letters or the whole word (one works, one doesn't), and hit control and k and it'll do it on the fly.

Jeff Greer
04-11-2013, 5:20 PM
Thanks Scott - total oversight on this self taught guy. Thanks again!!

Bill Cunningham
04-11-2013, 9:59 PM
I simply select the letters I want using the pick tool and click a smaller point size.

Mike Null
04-12-2013, 6:56 AM
Highlight the letters or word and press Control, shift, k.

William Adams
04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
These are called ``small caps'', and while one can ``just'' scale down normal caps, it's better to use a font which supports this feature directly:

http://product.corel.com/help/CorelDRAW/540240626/Main/en/Doc/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=CorelDRAW_Help&file=CorelDRAW-Working-with-OpenType-features.html

Jiten Patel
04-12-2013, 1:08 PM
I'm with Bill, we work with type day in day out and I find it much easier to highlight the text you want to be in smaller caps and reduce the point size.

Tony Lenkic
04-13-2013, 3:24 PM
Jeff,

I don't know if there are changes in X6 but in X3 you can get it done very simple....
Pressing "CTRL + SHIFT + F" will open text formatting docker, go down to Uppercase field and click on arrow to open three options none/small caps/all caps and check small caps.
Now any text you type will give you what you're after.