PDA

View Full Version : Who made Sears Craftsman Captive Air Pressure Tanks ?

Clarence Martin
04-11-2013, 1:57 PM
Who made the 82 gallon equivalent Sears Craftsman Captive Air Pressure Tanks for water wells ?

It's a 390 code for the manufacturer.

The tank is 13 or 14 years old, thinking of replacing it .

Thanks,

Jim Koepke
04-11-2013, 2:00 PM
My old list show 390 was King-O-Lawn.

Not sure if that means anything.

jtk

Matt Meiser
04-11-2013, 2:11 PM
No idea, but look around before just buying the same thing. Our new one is composite of some type. Local well driller says that's all they do anymore because they don't rust out. I guess they are technically rebuildable too, but he said its really not worth it as the cost to do so is pretty close to replacement (lower parts cost, more labor.)

Lee Schierer
04-11-2013, 9:57 PM
I'm not sure who made the Sears captive air pressure tanks, but we have a 119 gallon Well-x-trol captive air pressure tank in our basement that has functioned for over 25 years and still looks almost new. We use our well to heat our house via a geothermal heat pump so the tank has seen far far more cycles than a pressure tank operating just as a water system would normally see. It is a steel tank with a steel base. I highly recommend them.259749

Matt Meiser
04-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Lee, ours looked like new too. The fitting ripped right out due to rust when they went to replumb to meet current codes when we had our well deepened. It was right about 20 years. Same brand.