PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Legend 24TT ERROR???

Slavko Nikolic
04-11-2013, 5:44 AM
Could anyone solve this problem?
When I send file to my Legend 24TT sometimes I get massage that File failed to print (picture 01.jpg) and on LCD panel instead of sent file in Job menu I get massage Epynomous (picture 02.jpg)?
Any idea? Problem is random.
I assume I have some kind of conflict regarding network.259707259708
Thanks

Joe Pelonio
04-11-2013, 7:55 AM
Epynomous is what shows instead of the name of the file when the data transfer has not completed. Often if you wait a minute or two it will in fact appear. Mostly this will happen on a very large bitmap file, such as a high resolution photo. If you are getting it on smaller or vector files, there is likely a conflict between with the port you are using. For example, if you are online at the same time, and use the network connection for the laser interface, you can try unplugging/disabling the connection to the internet and see if that helps.

Slavko Nikolic
04-11-2013, 8:27 AM
Thanks Joe,

This happens even on very small files. For example: I send only one line to be cut! But in a few minutes I could send large bitmap file without any problem.
I will try what you advised.

Thanks again

Martin Boekers
04-11-2013, 11:53 AM
I would call or email Epilog Tech Support, they are good at figuring out things.

On the bit map thing, thought I would toss this out. In the past I have had workers who didn't understand file size.
Some of the bitmaps looked black and white, but were actually RGB desaturated..... Which kicked file size up quite a bit!
I realize this isn't your problem here, but new comers to graphic might watch this.

Bill Cunningham
04-11-2013, 9:55 PM
I ran into the first print error to the laser I have ever had in nine years on the TT.. It's the only thing plugged into the T1 so I just unplugged the cable from the laser, rubbed it a couple of times, plugged it back in, and the problem cleared up.. |It had been plugged in the socket untouched for 9 years, must have got some crud/etc. on a contact..