PDA

View Full Version : General Metalworking I've been turning

Jerry Marcantel
04-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm mostly on the Turners Forum, but for the last 2 weeks, I've been making 5 live centers. It's a huge learning curve as I'm not a machinist, but am always willing to learn new stuff. The live centers have 3 bearings, Morse Taper 2, and have a long nose. That's all I'm gonna say about them right now, but turning something as precise as a live center really is pretty easy. 259688259689259690259691
What do you guys think??????? Will they work. ................ Jerry (in Tucson)

Dennis Ford
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Jerry; I am sure they will work fine. I have an old metal lathe but would not have thought making live centers would be "easy". Why five of them?

Jerry Marcantel
04-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Dennis, they are a new tool I've invented. I think if I'm going to try to sell them to catalog stores, they might need samples and videos of how they are used. So far, I've used one for over 30 forms, and have had only 2 blow up.
Do you remember that "Belated Gloat" I posted back about February? PO'd a bunch of people. Actually, it was the "Darwin Candidate and Gripe" post where I called people brain dead. Anyway, the belated gloat post has a few pictures of this live center in action. Thanks for asking. .......... Jerry (in Tucson)