PDA

View Full Version : cutting puzzle in separate pieces in corel

Martin Safranek
04-10-2013, 3:30 PM
Hello,

please i need help with splitting puzzle to separate parts ... im crazy from it because im in deadend :o( I have white lines on black background and need this white lines use like cutting lines for separation each piece of puzzle and i dont have any idea how to do it .... im not expert in corel im still learning with every project ... thanks a lot fo any advice help or link ...

Martin

Tony Lenkic
04-10-2013, 5:13 PM
Martin,

You need to change colors for cutting with laser.
First, select your image, than left click on "X" above color pallet to remove black background. Than with file selected right click on red pallet for cut-lines.

Martin Safranek
04-10-2013, 5:35 PM
Tony thank you for advice may be i didnt describe what i exactly want because my english isnt good enough ... i need split puzzle to small pieces because puzzle will be 120x80 cm and my work place is just 74*45cm. When i will split puzzle i will change color from black to none or white and contour to hairline red for cutting .... and than i can put groups of pieces to workplace aprox 74*45 and cut it.

Martin

David Rust
04-10-2013, 6:52 PM
Martin, I'm no expert, but if you un-group the file you posted there appears to be many, many fragmented edge lines.
I'm not sure how well this will vector cut.
You might want to take some time and make each boarder line a complete segment.

My 2cents

Frédéric PARROT
04-10-2013, 7:13 PM
Dobry den Martin,

The easiest way I think is to cut the European map in 4 identical rectangles (picture 1).

Put a different background color for each rectangle as the picture.
Then deform the contour of each rectangle in order to maintain an entire country in one color.
In my example, England become black, Greece green, and so on ... (picture 2)
Then it will separate each color for the 4 parts that can enter the maximum size of the cutting table.
S pozdravem
PS: I'm not Czech, I know just a few words because two of my suppliers are Czech.

Frédéric PARROT
04-10-2013, 7:16 PM
Hello David,

True ! If every country was composed with one line, it would be easier.

Milazim Zeka
04-10-2013, 7:23 PM
Hi Martin,
Is that a map ?

Martin Safranek
04-11-2013, 2:52 AM
Hello everybody thank you for your posts. Ill try 4 or 6 rectangles because overlaps may be its easier way how to do it. to Milazim yes its map of europe i think good puzzle ... when i will be finished with this project i want create smaller puzzle from USA map because my daughter have one day at elementary school dedicated to talking about USA.

Martin Boekers
04-11-2013, 12:03 PM
How did you get the vector lines? You may search the web to see if there is a vector map out there. If so you maybe able to "break" the map apart
and cut pieces individually.

There are many fragment here which will create issues, as well as overlaps. (overlaping areas will be cut twice) Also if you are hand drawing this I would simplify
it a bit to make pieces a bit more rounded and some with small areas. Does the size have to be bigger than your bed size or can you shrink it to fit?

Martin Safranek
04-11-2013, 3:47 PM
i receive this not perfect vector from customer and it seems that i must finish it to be good enought. Puzzle is bigger than bed size .. i have 74*45 cm ...

Frédéric PARROT
04-12-2013, 4:58 AM
Each rectangle in my pictures are 60x40 cm ... less than your bed size.

Martin Safranek
04-12-2013, 6:02 AM
yes i will use your solution its good idea Fred thank you

John Salitsky
04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
I thought I remembered seeing a puzzle cut out in vector that you could apply to a square or rectangle desing with some minor alterations but I can't remeber where I saw it for the life of me.