PDA

View Full Version : Box Maker or Corel Question

Bert Kemp
04-10-2013, 12:20 PM
When I make a box in box maker it opens in a corel page and its not all there. the box is bigger then the page and whatever doesn't fit in the page is gone. I have seen designs that were bigger then the page in corel and the designs just overlapped the page edges. which I just resized the design to fit the page. So how do I get the box to go into corel with it all there ?

Martin Boekers
04-10-2013, 2:01 PM
Try opening a Corel page (Blank) to a size bigger than you need, then drag and drop the file into that page.

Bert Kemp
04-11-2013, 1:56 AM
Thanks Martin
I did that.. now I guess its box maker problem as the box is not all there. nThis is what happens:(259702

Ron Thompson
04-11-2013, 2:22 AM
Bert, You might try http://boxmaker.rahulbotics.com/ It's free, you type in your box sizes and it creates a PDF file for your output. Then bring it into Corel and send to your laser. Hope this helps ...................... Ron Thompson

Bert Kemp
04-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks Ron,
I did try that, but because my laser has a small bed I need to get it into corel so I can put it on many pages. I don't think I can break up the PDF file.:confused:

Ron Thompson
04-12-2013, 1:21 AM
Bert, create the pdf by going to the site and put in your sizes. Then save your pdf to your desktop and call it "test box" or something like that. Then open Corel Draw (I'm using X5). Go to file - open and select the pdf file. Open as curves not text, if you get a message that you don't have the correct font, just continue. Now you should see the image with the 6 boxes on your screen. Carefully select each box one at a time by drawing a box with the pick tool. Now its time to go to arrange and select combine. Do that for each of the 6 sides then save your drawing before you play with it.

Gerd Spatz
04-12-2013, 2:39 AM
Try an other free boxdesigner with SVG support break up the file and move each peace like you want ;-)

John Stevenson
04-12-2013, 8:26 PM
Any links to a free folded cardboard box program please ?

Bert Kemp
04-13-2013, 12:52 AM
;)Ron U The Man!!
so easy when you know how HUH Thank you

Ron Thompson
04-13-2013, 1:22 AM
Your Welcome .... Ron

Ian Franks
04-13-2013, 5:46 AM
For John Stevenson we use this free folded cardboard box program http://www.ideogram.nl/boxmaker/