PDA

View Full Version : Filthy Stock (Literally)

Liesl Dexheimer
04-10-2013, 9:11 AM
I've been ordering Rowmark plastic stock from JDS and although I love JDS for their service, the stock I've been ordering comes to me completely filthy (this has been happening for at least a year now). I'm not sure if it's a problem with where they are storing it in their warehouse or if it's Rowmark. I spent over 15 minutes cleaning the plastic, both front & back (I used 3 paper towels to get rid of the dust & dirt on about 12 sheets of plastic). I hate complaining but this is time I'm losing when I could actually be engraving. Is anyone else having this problem?

As a side note, I also had a similar problem with Marco. I ordered a desk plate from them & the presentation box it came in was covered in dust and dirt as well. I'm guessing it had spent quite a bit of time sitting around in their warehouse...

Mike Null
04-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Liesl

Contact JDS and they will make it right. Nobody is better about customer service than JDS.

Scott Shepherd
04-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I agree, contact them and they'll put a note on your account. I had issues with material having a box in it across the short side. I'd lose 2" x 12" from every sheet because of it. I called my rep and complained and wasn't too happy when my rep said "you're the first person to ever complain about it and we sell 1000's of those sheets, so it must be something you're doing because no one else is complaining" or something along those lines. I called the office again, finally got someone that cared more than my rep, and they found and issue with their shear and their box size. Seems the shear was cutting a little too long, so when they cut it and put packing material, it hit the edges of the box. So they would push it down into the box, which caused the edges to curl in shipping.

Now, for the most part, all my stock is really flat. But, I do see a note printed on every packing slip that says "check for flatness", so they can certainly put a note on it to clean the sheets.

Give them a call.

Martin Boekers
04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
This may be a problem with IPI or Rowmark also, but JDS is by far the most responsive to any issues out of all the vendors I deal with.

I have to wonder if it is the manufacturering stage, since I have to believe the sheets are stored stacked together so the middle ones
shouldn't be affected?

I tend to order 25-50 sheets at a time and I guess I never noticed it in those quantities. Most all I order are case quantities so they are probably
packed at the manufacturing stage, I run into issues with Eagle Statues wings broke from time to time.

bruce cain
04-10-2013, 11:10 AM
My problem with the dirty stock shows up when the box is not sealed good. My shop is at the end of the UPS route. Anywhere from 5:00 to 8:00 of the evening.
The UPS driver drives many miles down dirt roads throughout the day. The red dust is almost like flour on dry days and that dust filters into the boxes that are not sealed good. I just take everything to the back of the shop to the air hose.

Bruce