PDA

View Full Version : I jus got a total steal on the Makita LXT319...

Michael Dunn
04-09-2013, 2:13 PM
$349.99 everywhere. $269.99 at my HD. I'm also opening up a commercial card since I'm doing more business so future purchases qualify for 5% off.

So I'm getting 10% or $50 (whichever is higher) off this first purchase.

I needed new batteries for my Makita BHP-454. So I figured this makes more sense. I sold my PC circ saw once I got my TS-75 so having a batt op circ saw will be great.

Ole Anderson
04-09-2013, 3:39 PM
Oh, man...So you are going to make me look up what the heck a LTX319 is? If it were a G1023, I have one of those, a 22-580 too, but not a LTX319. :p

OK, I Googled LTX319 (not adding the prefix Makita) and all I got was a Graco sprayer or a miniature incandescent lamp. I quit. Really glad you got a good deal on it though. Whatever it is.

Guess I am a little dyslexic today, if I had searched for the LXT319, I would have found this nice combo kit:
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/fa/fa8aa984-b604-4ebc-9164-01100036cad5_300.jpg

Michael Dunn
04-09-2013, 3:46 PM
LXDT04 18V Li-ion Impact Driver

LXPH01 18V Li-ion Driver (with hammer drill option)

BSS611 18V Li-ion 6 1/2" Circular Saw

Charger and two batteries...

All for $262 out the door!!!

Mark Bolton
04-09-2013, 3:59 PM
So this just either made your Rikon bandsaw at $807 or turned it into $1311 :eek: You mentioned making money at this venture with your 718, not preaching, but be careful. Your "gathering" logic could very quickly having you moving into the complete opposite direction. Any leads yet? :)

Jeff Larsen
04-09-2013, 5:48 PM
I recently bought a different Makita kit and got the same saw. On my saw, the base plate has a little play in it. I haven't used it enough to know if it that wiggle in the plate is going to matter much, but I'm curious if you are seeing the same thing. Or if someone knows a trick to tighten it down, let's hear it...

Thanks,

Jeff

Michael Dunn
04-09-2013, 6:25 PM
So this just either made your Rikon bandsaw at $807 or turned it into $1311 :eek: You mentioned making money at this venture with your 718, not preaching, but be careful. Your "gathering" logic could very quickly having you moving into the complete opposite direction. Any leads yet? :)

I do appreciate the concern and it is welcome. I am a bit confused at your dollar amounts pertaining to the Rikon. I didn't buy that. I'm still trying to fet my Cal-Hawk BS running good. I'll make a move on that Rikon once I make up some of what I have already invested.

I did some trim work and installed some 4"x8" beams as decorative headers over doors and windows for a lady this past weekend. I am working up an estimate for a local artist (the painting kind. A rather wealthy one at that). He wants his barn turned into his art studio. I should start on that next week or the following. Nothing that calls for the 718 yet. I do have some small projects lined up. Some calendar frames and cutting boards. That'll use the 718, not for molding, but for planing and drum sanding. Hardly to justify the expense, but its something.

Mark Bolton
04-09-2013, 7:33 PM
Was jus teasing that if you had put the lxt toward the BS it would be now be $807 away. The 1311 is the BS + LXT.

I was merely stating that in a time of excitement and exuberance justifying things due to their potential can really bankrupt you. If the funding is there that's splendid.

Again, this was light hearted in the vein of turning your equipment and skills into a money making venture.

Jim Andrew
04-09-2013, 8:12 PM
That's a great deal!

Pat Barry
04-09-2013, 8:13 PM
Wow, I just bought the drill and driver combo for $279 and thought that was a good deal. Yours must have been mis-priced

Michael Dunn
04-09-2013, 8:27 PM
Was jus teasing that if you had put the lxt toward the BS it would be now be $807 away. The 1311 is the BS + LXT.

I was merely stating that in a time of excitement and exuberance justifying things due to their potential can really bankrupt you. If the funding is there that's splendid.

Again, this was light hearted in the vein of turning your equipment and skills into a money making venture.

I hear ya man. You're right on the money. That's why I've yet to buy that Rikon. Last weekend while installing those 4"x8" I barely got through the job with those near dead batteries. I could swing the cost for the kit since it was only a little more than two new batteries would've been.

I'll be building a deck in the next two weeks too, so...

My shop is pretty close to 100% (for now... You know how it is...) I just need to get my DC setup.

Oh, in other good news I sold my old TS today. I got $260 for it and paid $400 for my new/old Delta 34-444 shown in another thread here somewhere. It's pretty sweet though!!!