PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
04-08-2013, 9:39 AM
8 Apr 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope each of you had a great weekend. Mine was filled with helping out at a local community event and bass guitar playing at our church on Sunday. Got to hang out around 2 of the Duck Dynasty guys while there were here and then moved on to other tasks needing attention.

Nice weather here for a change and I really liked the warmer weather. Cool temps but still warmer than cold winter.

Nothing else for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
It was windy here,(25-30 mph) so most of the time was indoors. I assembled the new plane and got it dialed in. Sharpened some chisels LOML found. I spent most of the time working on the lid for a tea set box I am making. It is even windier today. Gusts to 35-40 now.

Matt Meiser
04-08-2013, 10:14 AM
LOMLjr's 11th (!) birthday is in a couple weeks but between volleyball tournaments, a concert, Girl Scout activities, out of town visitors, etc, etc this was our only free weekend in April so we took her and two friends out to dinner and to Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum (http://marvin3m.com/). She invited the school superintendent's daughter so we had to be on our best behavior :D That pretty much took the whole day but I did get the generator oil changed in the evening. Sunday morning was lazy since the friends spent the night. Did a little yard cleanup, grocery shopping, changed the pressure washer oil, then went over to my parents and changed their generator's oil and had dinner. Only one piece of equipment left for spring service!

Michael Weber
04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Pulled my remaining hair out trying to find out why this blankety blank motorcycle won't run:mad:

Pat Barry
04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Spent quite a lot of the weekend boiling maple tree sap (we had about 50 gallons) to make maple syrup. Finished it up yesterday late. Yielded about 1.5 gallons of syrup. Yum!

'Jacques Malan'
04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
I spend most of my time this weekend working on a small batch of toy helicopters, and also turned 140 little men from dowels.

Doug Richardson
04-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Spent part of Sunday going to the BORG and got 5 40# bags of topsoil, mixed it with grass seed, and traveled around the back yard with the wheelbarrow filling holes that the doodles had made. Unfortunately, one of the doodles practically followed around behind me re-digging the holes.....

John Sanford
04-08-2013, 2:16 PM
Pulled my remaining hair out trying to find out why this blankety blank motorcycle won't run:mad:
uhh, kill switch? (sorry, I couldn't resist... )

John Sanford
04-08-2013, 2:23 PM
I spent time in my shop continuing with setting it back up. My backwall unit is built, pretty much everything is unpacked, so now I get to spend time figuring out where everything goes. We (my son and I) had to move a 6' storage unit topped with a couch so I could relocate my tire changing rig. That was the simple part, it's all the little stuff that's challenging. The good news is, I got to see some old friends (my LN LA Block plane, Sandvik chisels, a missing glove, etc), and once I get things sorted out I can start actually working wood again. HUZZAHHHHH!!

Jim Becker
04-08-2013, 8:05 PM
I cut down two big, dead Ash trees on Sunday...does that count as woodworking? LOL Other than that, it was a normal equestrian-focused weekend.

I really do have some projects to get working on and after milling up a few hundred board feet of black walnut for a friend, he gifted me a really beautiful 10' x 22" 5/4 black walnut board (about 30 years old) that's going to be used on one of those projects. :)

Jim Tabor
04-08-2013, 8:53 PM
Spent the weekend cleaning out all the small pieces of wood left over from project for the past ten years. If I could glue all the pieces together there would have been a couple hundred board feet. It about killed me, some nice cherry and walnut, but it was getting to the point that I couldn't move around the shop without tripping over something.

Michael Dunn
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM
I installed this...

Joe Shinall
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Sold my old living room furniture on Craigslist which was quite an accomplishment being as how many people asked me to pretty much give it to them by trying to talk me down. Took out the old bathroom door in our spare and installed a pocket door. Really easier than I thought it would be just time consuming. If anyone ever wants to install one I highly recommend this Johnson Hardware kit.

Also found out that my miter saw will not stay a perfect 45 degrees when trying to cut. I think it's just slap wore out so I decided to buy a new one but they didn't have the 12" sliding hitachi at my local lowes so I had to order it. And finally got around to pulling out 3 really ugly bushes out of my front yard with my dad's flatbed work truck. Only down side, it left 2 big tire tracks I now have to patch this coming weekend.....

Rod Sheridan
04-09-2013, 8:15 AM
This was the weekend every month where my shop is taken over by the local ladies making new kitchen cabinet doors so aside from delivering tea and cookies, I wasn't in the the shop much.

I did have a visit from a young man (14) who is the proud new owner of a Hammer A3-31 with spiral head.

It was a very nice visit, we spent some time going through inspection, safety and operation of the machine, I presume that he'll be very happy with it, and I hope he e-mails me a photo or two of his projects.

Just when you think that the younger generation isn't interested in wood working, you're proved wrong..............Rod.