PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Glass Suppliers

Scott Shepherd
04-07-2013, 9:04 AM
Anyone got any good wholesale glass suppliers, specifically like drinking glasses (beer/wine), not plate glass? Would prefer someone with good quality options as well, possibly even crystal as well.

Thanks!

Chuck Stone
04-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I haven't had the best luck with 'good' glass. Oddly enough, the stuff I end
up using is from K-Mart and the like. Libby seems to work well and they
have some plain styles that allow you some freedom of art placement.
Good crystal didn't work well for me at all, although doing a vector mask
and then sandblasting worked fine.

Probably not what you are looking for though.. just thought I'd throw
that out there.

John Frazee
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I buy a lot of glasses, wine glasses, clear plates, saucers, mirror, etc from Carolina Pottery. As much as glass weighs the shipping would eat up profit. I just checked and the closest to you may be Smithfield, NC. You may be too far to visit that location. It is well worth going to if there's ever anything that takes you through there. Right off I95. Lots of good ideas in there. I don't know of any other chain type places like it.

Tony Lenkic
04-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Check out Marck & Assotiates..........3w dot m-ware dot com

John Frazee
04-07-2013, 11:25 AM
I just went back to their website looking around and they have some pictures of some of their glassware. Under the "Products" dropdown they have dinnerware and glassware. When you click to veiw a picture, you then have to scroll up to see it. Kinda strange.

Scott Shepherd
04-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks! I'm trying to avoid the hassle of having to run from store to store to store to store to try and find the items I need when I get an order. Someone might order 50 glasses and that means trips to as many as 6 different stores to find stock, depending on what day of the week it is (good luck finding anything on Monday's). I'd like something a lot more consistent than "whatever brand Walmart is stocking this week".

I'll check out the sources listed. Thanks again!

Mike Null
04-07-2013, 1:08 PM
Steve

I use Glass America to make imprinted and etched glass as well as mugs. I don't know that they'll sell blanks.

(800) 645-5131 glassamerica.com

Martin Boekers
04-07-2013, 2:09 PM
There should be a Hotel & Restaraunt supplier in your area, I 'd check them out. That way you don't have to deal with shiping issues.
In St. Louis I use Ford Hotel Supplies...

http://www.fordstl.com/

Chuck Stone
04-07-2013, 2:20 PM
Thanks! I'm trying to avoid the hassle of having to run from store to store to store to store to try and find the items I need when I get an order.

Sorry.. my post was to speak more to your comment about "good quality" glass
rather than what store to go to...
Once you have a brand name that works for you, a search will bring up
hundreds of suppliers, and shipping by the case shouldn't vary that
much from one to the next.

Scott Shepherd
04-07-2013, 3:38 PM
Sorry.. my post was to speak more to your comment about "good quality" glass
rather than what store to go to...
Once you have a brand name that works for you, a search will bring up
hundreds of suppliers, and shipping by the case shouldn't vary that
much from one to the next.

No problem Chuck, I understood you. My post was really just reliving the past experiences I've had. I can't tell you how many times I've driven all over town for hours, getting to a store and finding 1 case when I needed 6, then heading to the next store, finding empty shelves, then to the next for 1 more case, etc.

Also, with buying things like that, we're always paying the retail pricing as well. Hoping to find some supplier that sells at wholesale prices. That's really my intent, wholesale pricing and good selection.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

Jesse Anderson
04-07-2013, 9:51 PM
I order from a company Called Deco West out of Las Vegas. They have pretty much whatever u can imagine in inventory.

They will even do custom coloring, tints, and all sorts of stuff... I ordered some clear glasses that i wanted to have a non etched/blasted look. I wanted a 2 tone color..

They can do a solid color glass then spray a color on top.. For example i recently had Red Glasses painted blue. When engraved u had a red on blue look. They manufacturer all the products, No middle man !!!... They use a blast furnace to bake the special paints on...

They are very cheap. We usually get around 1000 Dozen Glasses from this company every year. If u can put a liquid into it they have it...

Very good prices...

If u have a idea on color schemes or a design idea they will do the job and have the sample's to u very quickly.

Like the old saying goes. """Cheaper by the Dozen "" If that is a saying or is it a movie ?

Shipping can cost u some time though....

Joe Hillmann
04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I have recently been getting all my glasses from the dollar store. I keep about 50 of each item in stock so unless it is a larger job I am ready to go. I have found many times when ordering glass if I get a real good price on the glass shipping is often MORE expensive then the glass is. After a couple times doing that I figured I am better off buying them localy and paying retail price than I am buying wholesale and paying for shipping.

Although, I am not including my time or gas in the cost of the dollar store glass. But I only stop in there when I am already in town or if I don't have enough in stock to do a job and need some now.

Darren Hollinrake
04-09-2013, 2:43 PM
I've used Wasserstrom to order square shot glasses in the past. I believe the shipping charges were actually reasonable if I recall correctly.

Dale Coons
04-09-2013, 4:24 PM
Cheaper by the Dozen, a book by Frank B. Gilbreth about gowing up in a family with a dozen siblings. Dad was a 'motion expert' who saved companies money by reducing the motions workers went thru to manufacture product. The book is hillarious. I think there's a movie inspired by the book--never saw it.

Jim Lauer
04-09-2013, 9:49 PM
We get a lot from the Dollar Tree stores and website. They ship free to a store near you and you just go pick them up. While the inventory at the stores change, they offer most items all the time on their website.

Dan Hintz
04-10-2013, 6:01 AM
Cheaper by the Dozen, a book by Frank B. Gilbreth about gowing up in a family with a dozen siblings. Dad was a 'motion expert' who saved companies money by reducing the motions workers went thru to manufacture product. The book is hillarious. I think there's a movie inspired by the book--never saw it.

There was a movie called "Cheaper By the Dozen" (two, actually), but it wasn't from the point of view of a sibling (mostly the dad?). Funny, but maybe only tangentially related...