PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Fence

Maurice Arney
04-06-2013, 2:34 PM
Looking at buying a fence for my new Grizzly G0555LX bandsaw. The three I am looking at are the Grizzly H7587 Resaw, Kreg KMS 7200, and the Woodhaven 7280.

Does anyone care to offer an opinion?

Rich Riddle
04-06-2013, 2:57 PM
Given your choices, I would select the Grizzly H7587.

I had the Kreg KMS 7200 and sold it due to the lack of stability. That would automaticaly and immediately eliminate the Kreg. Many love that model Kreg, so you'll likely get many votes for it.

The Woodhaveen 7280 and the Grizzly H7587 are held on the front and back side and can be locked in both places. That design proves far superior to the Kreg. Of the Woodhaven and Grizzly, the Grizzly has better clamping and measuring ability if you look at the front horizontal bar. It additionally has a very nice resaw fence when compared to the others. The fence can also be laid so you can use it for shallow cuts. I saw that fence when at the Grizzly store in Pennsylvania last month and looked at it closely.

Maurice Arney
04-06-2013, 3:13 PM
Given your choices, I would select the Grizzly H7587.

I had the Kreg KMS 7200 and sold it due to the lack of stability. That would automaticaly and immediately eliminate the Kreg. Many love that model Kreg, so you'll likely get many votes for it.

The Woodhaveen 7280 and the Grizzly H7587 are held on the front and back side and can be locked in both places. That design proves far superior to the Kreg. Of the Woodhaven and Grizzly, the Grizzly has better clamping and measuring ability if you look at the front horizontal bar. It additionally has a very nice resaw fence when compared to the others. The fence can also be laid so you can use it for shallow cuts. I saw that fence when at the Grizzly store in Pennsylvania last month and looked at it closely.

Thanks for info!

Rich Riddle
04-06-2013, 3:39 PM
Maurice,

One quick note about the Grizzly model. It has an exacting front to back depth you should check. It would not fit an older Powermatic 141 because that depth is 1/4" out. It should not be a problem for your Grizzly because it's designed for the Grizzly model table depth (according to the sales associates).

Maurice Arney
04-06-2013, 5:10 PM
Maurice,

One quick note about the Grizzly model. It has an exacting front to back depth you should check. It would not fit an older Powermatic 141 because that depth is 1/4" out. It should not be a problem for your Grizzly because it's designed for the Grizzly model table depth (according to the sales associates).

Thanks again! Looking at the Grizzly fence now!

Bill White
04-06-2013, 5:35 PM
Gues that I'm dense, but why not just build a clamp on attachment for resawing the the stock fence.
BTW, I really am pleased with my 0555LX.
Bill

Cary Falk
04-06-2013, 5:51 PM
I have the Grizzly fence on my G0513X2 and really like it. The high/low fence option is nice.

Maurice Arney
04-06-2013, 5:57 PM
Gues that I'm dense, but why not just build a clamp on attachment for resawing the the stock fence.
BTW, I really am pleased with my 0555LX.
Bill

Bill, I was thinking of doing that, and maybe I'm just dense, but I kinda like the idea of being able to fine tune the fence to align with the blade.

John Schweikert
04-06-2013, 8:04 PM
I have the G0555LX and the fence required zero setting or fine tuning. I have no drift when resawing. Assembly was the only thing I did last year. I'm thinking of just building a higher fence attachment out of MDF or ply, whatever I have extra laying around.

Maurice Arney
04-07-2013, 4:30 AM
I have the G0555LX and the fence required zero setting or fine tuning. I have no drift when resawing. Assembly was the only thing I did last year. I'm thinking of just building a higher fence attachment out of MDF or ply, whatever I have extra laying around.

I haven't actually tried extending the fence yet. Maybe I will wait and see how well the stock fence performs with an extension.