PDA

View Full Version : fireplace mantle

fred woltersdorf
05-11-2005, 5:46 PM
my daugther wanted a new mantle for the house she just bought,the wall was knotty pine paneling which was removed and i put up sheetrock.she's very happy with the new mantle.

Corey Hallagan
05-11-2005, 6:25 PM
Nice work all the way around, great to have a handy Dad around for your daughter!

Corey

Roy Wall
05-11-2005, 8:40 PM
Fred,

I like it! looks clean, sharp......no mess!!!

Well done!

Norman Hitt
05-12-2005, 3:47 AM
Wow, "That woke me up". I was sitting here waiting for the pic to load and kinda dozed and then opened my eyes and the fireplace screen with the two brass (Handles I guess) looked like two enormous Cat eyes and the grate formed the mouth down below in the dark area. It looked like some kind of Monster staring at me, in my half awake state. What a rude awakening. :D Squint your eyes and see if you get the same effect? :)

Very nice Mantle, Fred. With the new Drywall and that good looking mantle it will sure give a more Formal look to the room than the knotty pine did, I'm sure.

Keel McDonald
05-12-2005, 7:14 AM
Fred

Nice job. Looks really good. Mantles are a project you can really get creative on. Yours looks really nice. I would've replaced the knotty pine too. I like notty pine, just not for an entire room.