PDA

View Full Version : HF 6" jointer manual

bobby milam
04-04-2013, 9:10 PM
Let me start by saying that I am a novice with a jointer. I had an old craftsman that I bought off craigslist and never could get the blades adjusted correctly and while picking up something at Harbor Freight, I saw they had a discontinued 6" jointer marked down to $190. I had seen it a year ago when I was in there and after talking to the mgr. she said that she would let me have it for $150 because she just wanted it gone. It was a floor model that an employee had put together. It didn't come with a manual and she tried to download one for me but because it was discontinued, they no longer had it online. I don't think that the employee put it together right and am trying to go over it and make adjustments and sure that everything is tight. A manual would sure be helpful but I can't find one. Anyone have one that they can scan or know where I can find one?

John Schweikert
04-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Is this the model? http://images.harborfreight.com/manuals/30000-30999/30289.pdf

If not, start with this google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=harbor+freight+6%22+jointer+PDF+manual&aq=f&oq=harbor+freight+6%22+jointer+PDF+manual&aqs=chrome.0.57j64.9234&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

bobby milam
04-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the help, that was it!

Marvin Wilson
04-21-2013, 5:07 PM
I am surprised to see this machine. I got one second hand about 20 years ago and it worked quite well. I really liked the end mount fence, it gave a larger support area on the infeed side of the machine. The height adjustment handles on the one I had were pot metal and needed to be replaced but otherwise it was a solid jointer, smooth running and cuts were very smooth. Everything about this machine except the fence is standard fare, dovetailed ways, adjustable gibs etc. I'd say almost any jointer manual will give you enough info to figure it out if you are even slightly mechanically inclined. A jointer is a simple machine, don't let the guys at the wood rags intimate you with their talk about 1000's of an inch and non sense like that. We are building furniture not a rocket engine. Get it to produce a squaure repeatable edge that fits up nicely and enjoy.