PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Grizzly 14" bandsaw?

Pete Lamberty
05-09-2003, 3:00 PM
Hello everyone, I have been thinking about getting the G0555 bandsaw from Grizzly. It is their new 14" model. I have seen some of the preliminary reports by owners after it first came out. But I was wondering how those of you, who have had it for a while, like it. I wouldn't be doing any resawing at this time, perhaps in the distant future. The project I am working on will require cutting two inch thick hardwoods. Walnut, maple, etc. Any likes and dislikes are welcome information to help me make a decision. Thanks. Pete

Bob Nazro
05-09-2003, 3:30 PM
Pete,
I've had the 14" saw for about 2 years and it works as well as any other 14" bandsaw I've worked with. I upgraded the saw with the bearing guides and really liked that. I had a few problems when I first got the saw but Grizzly took care of replacing the parts quickly. If you are going to consider resawing look at getting the neck extension with the saw. Then you will buy the right size blades and not have a bunch of short ones if you upgrade in the future.
:cool:

Mike Leonard
05-10-2003, 6:29 PM
Pete,
I purchased the G0555 about a month ago. I haven't had as much time as I would like to use it but so far I have been very satisfied with it. I purchased the 6" riser kit as well and had the whole thing set up in short order. You will need help setting the top unit onto the base but after that it is pretty much a one man operation. I did resaw some maple with the factory blade and although I was satisfied with the results I did order some Timberwolf blades. Good luck.