PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking magazines for iPad.

john davey
04-03-2013, 1:08 PM
Does any mag besides pop woodworking provide an iPad / PDF version? I see that fie woodworking has the option to get the electronic version if you buy the print version. Trouble is I don't want any more print versions. I love the iPad and want t read all of my subscriptions this way. This just seems so logical but I can't seem to find them electronically. Maybe it is me ( ok most likely or is me). So does anyone get ww mags to thier device? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John...

Victor Robinson
04-03-2013, 1:13 PM
Fine Woodworking has an app. I am a FWW website member which allows me to get the issues on their app. Only downside is they aren't PDFs so I have to still remember to download PDFs of the articles from the website for long-term keeping.

John Schweikert
04-03-2013, 2:49 PM
Use the Zinio app and you can subscribe to Wood, Woodworker's Journal and Woodcraft. Zinio has thousands of magazines.

If you read a lot of other magazine's, Next Issue app has a $10/month read anything they have from over 80 popular magazines, much like a Netflix for magazines, even back issues from the past year. They have Wood magazine.

I use both apps regularly.

Ian Steven
04-03-2013, 4:59 PM
Furniture and Cabinet Making is a british magazine and has an ipad app with the option to buy back issues. I've only read a couple, but it seems very well produced.
http://www.thegmcgroup.com/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=701

Dick Mahany
04-03-2013, 5:25 PM
If you are interested in woodturning, then the UK publication Woodturning is available for iPad through pocket mags / Apple store. It is excellent.

Mike Heidrick
04-03-2013, 9:22 PM
The Fine woodworking collection dvd, after installed, has the issues in pdf in the data\fww issues directory. Each issue is anywhere from 2.2 to 30.2 meg. Once you own the collection disc you can update it for $20 a year and they send that latest years disc that you then import to your collection. Their install is nice because of the search features. Their program is for PC and MAC I believe. Not IOS at this point.

Don Jarvie
04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
If you join FWW online you get the magazines for free. Just need to download them.