PDA

View Full Version : Day Two Shop Construction Pics.........

John Dingman
05-11-2005, 7:48 AM
Here is what I got done yesterday. The first picture is the view coming in the shop. The back wall you see will be where I place my current Miter Saw Bench. The far back right corner is where the DC will be.

http://www.cianperez.com/Photo/Exposed/album_JohnsWoodShop/Day%20Two%20Shop%20Construction%20008.jpg

This is a view of the shop looking east-to-west:

http://www.cianperez.com/Photo/Exposed/album_JohnsWoodShop/Day%20Two%20Shop%20Construction%20007.jpg

Today I won't be able to get much done as I don't have a drywall jack for the ceiling. I expected to have some help today, but my friend had to go out of town. So I'll just get a few odds and ends done today. Thanks again for looking!
John

Jeff Sudmeier
05-11-2005, 8:22 AM
John,

You have shown some great progress there! Looks like you are setting up your shop the right way. Some drywall on the ceiling will really brighten it up!

Terry Hatfield
05-11-2005, 8:26 AM
John,

Excellent progress!!!!! You are certainly knocking this project out in record time and it looks great to boot!!!!

t

Michael Gabbay
05-11-2005, 8:30 AM
John - Nice work! I would highly recommend using the T-8 florescent lights to brighten things up. Also now's the time to insulate the ceiling and if ou want hang drywall and paint.

I'm in the process of insulating the ceiling in my basement shop. After the lights are up makes it that much harder.

Keep the photos coming!:)
Mike

Mike Scoggins
05-11-2005, 8:32 AM
John,

What Terry said! You're moving right along. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Mike

John Dingman
05-11-2005, 8:39 AM
I guess I should have mentioned that the game plan is to insulate the ceiling, sheet with OSB and then hang the lights. The entire shop is going to be painted bright white. I am putting in at least 6 (six) T-8 lighting fixtures, maybe 8. After all of that is done the floor will be put in and then it will be moving day. After the major equipment is moved in, the duct work for the DC will be run. Then all the other odds and ends will be moved in. Thanks again for your comments and advice.

John

Erin Raasch
05-11-2005, 9:42 AM
Wow! That sure is coming along in a hurry. Must be great to start with a clean slate and being able to fit it out the way you want it, rather than trying to retrofit. With the T-8 lights, should be a great workspace!

Erin

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2005, 9:48 AM
Go John! Excellent progress!

Rob Russell
05-11-2005, 10:54 AM
If you haven't done so already, before you move into your new shop - put a coat of paint on the concrete floor. It'll make sweeping stuff up much easier. I'd do it now, but that would mean cleaning out the basement and that ain't gonna happen any time soon. :rolleyes:

Jerry Olexa
05-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Wow! You are moving along quickly! Looks good!!