PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree's EZ Square tablesaw fence - Anybody used one?

Will Boulware
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok, so the bandsaw fence thread caught my attention due to the mention of the Peachtree EZ Square bandsaw fence. I have their router fence kit, and it is fairly awesome, in my largely uneducated opinion. Anybody have any experience with the EZ Square table saw fence?

For reference, I've got a Craftsman 113.xxx contractor's saw with the infamous stock fence. I like old machinery and I'm married (meaning I have no money :D ), so I'm ok with a little fuss and light fabrication during the setup phase if I can end up with an accurate, easy to use fence that costs about half of a similar model from Incra. I know the Vega, Shop Fox, and T2 aren't far from this one in price, just looking for any experience with the Peachtree model.

Thanks in advance!

Bob Wingard
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
If you are OK with fabricating, you can build a Bies. clone fence for probably about $100 using plans that are available for free online.

Curt Harms
04-04-2013, 7:23 AM
That looks like a rebranded Mule Accusquare fence with a different aluminum extrusion for the fence. I've had the Mule fence for 15+ years. It's durable and repeatable but has one downside compared to the Biesmeyer & clones or Vega. It cannot be lifted off the rail, it has to be slid off the end to be removed. For those of us with a router in a table saw wing this can be a little annoying. I made a second fence for my router extension so can have the Mule fence set for ripping and router fence set for whatever. I have to lower the T.S. blade and slide the fence off the other way. Not the end of the world by any means but that's the only downside I've seen. On the plus side, it was real easy to mount a homemade router fence to the Mule fence rail.

Rich Riddle
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
I love the system on my band saw but would not entertain the idea on a table saw. I have seen and used on on a table saw, and it's cumbersome setting exact distances. The Peach Tree is about half the price of a really good table saw fence system. I'd save up the other half. Good luck on your choice.

Will Boulware
04-04-2013, 1:25 PM
Thanks for the advice! Really looking for something that's easy to get repeatable cuts with. Think I'll wait a bit and get a better option from another company. No sense in dropping money on something that's likely to bring out the same level of creative profanity the stock Craftsman fence already does. :D