PDA

View Full Version : Employees Slacking on the Job

Walt Langhans
04-03-2013, 8:30 AM
I've been working really hard lately so I asked my employees to help out and assemble a bridge prototype that I've been working on, and here's the results...

They just sit there and stare at me like they have no idea what I'm talking about. So hard to find good help these days :D

Phil Thien
04-03-2013, 8:48 AM
I see obvious signs of an overly generous benefits package. :)

Frank barry
04-03-2013, 8:59 AM
Hahaha That’s the pressure of being an employee you have a boss who doesn’t even know its lunch time and he hasn’t it ready again bet he is just sitting about on the phone again
Where are we going if he cant get the lunch break right ???

Walt Langhans
04-03-2013, 9:31 AM
I see obvious signs of an overly generous benefits package. :)

I tried taking away the couch, but then they just laid on the floor!

Where are we going if he cant get the lunch break right ???

Wendy's Fries are their favorite treat and although they do get excited about going, I can't seem to translate that into and productive work behavior...

Martin Boekers
04-03-2013, 9:42 AM
They don't look like slacking employees.........more like management! :D

Frank barry
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
hahaha Martin

I do think your spot on there Management trying to plan what to have for lunch and who should get it

Mike Lassiter
04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
I agree with Martin. The bigger one on the couch especially. Probably been with the company a long time.

Jeff Belany
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
You have an employee lounge?? I eat at my desk most days. Must be a big operation!!

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Mary Geitz
04-03-2013, 10:42 AM
What cute puppies! Is the one on the floor a Jack Russell? I have a little Jack mix and yours looks like a very large version of mine. :o

Walt Langhans
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
They don't look like slacking employees.........more like management! :D

Now that I think about it, they do kind of run the place...

What cute puppies! Is the one on the floor a Jack Russell? I have a little Jack mix and yours looks like a very large version of mine. :o

Thanks! The one on the floor is Ronin, he's just a little over a year and is a Boxer / ?? (probably greyhound or whippet). The Irish Setter is Sam, the old man of the group, and other one is Sophie, and she's a Boxer / St. Bernard mix, all of which were rescued from the pound.

Harold Burrell
04-03-2013, 11:00 AM
You obviously are overworking these guys. Also, I can tell by their expressions that they do not agree with your plan of action nor do they approve of your design. I think you really need to listen to their input and allow them to take "ownership" of the project.

Let them make it theirs.

There is a very good chance that this bridge prototype will turn out better than you imagined.

However...There is also a good chance that the thing will end up buried in your back yard...

Rick Potter
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Got four employees like that. They are very attentive though, have to turn and look before I can turn around, if I want to stay on my feet.

Rick Potter

PS: I was going to do a bridge once, but he managed to just do a filling ;)

Steve Busey
04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
It's obvious they are overworked - they look dog-tired! That's why they're taking a paws to rest.

:p

Martin Boekers
04-03-2013, 11:33 AM
I agree with Martin. The bigger one on the couch especially. Probably been with the company a long time.

Senior Executive.....

David Weaver
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
It looks like they need some goals and maybe a time entry, billing and utilization system to report their time and track what they do.

That might seem harsh, but dogs are people, too!

Walt Langhans
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
LOL!!! You guys are killing me! Ahhh... the joys dog can bring :)

Dan Hintz
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
It's obvious they are overworked - they look dog-tired! That's why they're taking a paws to rest.

:p

It's a dog eat dog world. The tougher you work, the more you want to stay out late at night barking at the moon. Then you wake up with that hair of the dog taste in your mouth.

Walt Langhans
04-03-2013, 2:46 PM
It's a dog eat dog world. The tougher you work, the more you want to stay out late at night barking at the moon. Then you wake up with that hair of the dog taste in your mouth.

Very True, been there done that, and still do, lol!

Kevin Bourque
04-03-2013, 3:46 PM
Put TSA uniforms on them and leave them off at the airport, then see how long it takes for someone to catch on.

David G Baker
04-03-2013, 3:48 PM
Must be one of those right to work states. :D

Walt Langhans
04-03-2013, 4:01 PM
Must be one of those right to work states. :D

No it's worse than that, they are family so I HAD to hire them!

glenn bradley
04-03-2013, 4:34 PM
I would report them to the union. Local LZ-K9.

Bruce Page
04-03-2013, 5:33 PM
The first thing I'd do is take away the game pad. Maybe that'll light a fire under their rear ends!
I have to admit, my employees are just as bad, if not worse.

ray hampton
04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
they are just tire from howling at the moon

'Jacques Malan'
04-04-2013, 2:10 AM
My labrador for some strange reason prefered to sleep on the floor. I never could get her to sleep with me on top of the bed.

But her primary job around the workshop was to supply joy and happiness, and that she did very well.

I miss her terribly.

Phil Thien
04-04-2013, 9:10 AM
My labrador for some strange reason prefered to sleep on the floor. I never could get her to sleep with me on top of the bed.

But her primary job around the workshop was to supply joy and happiness, and that she did very well.

I miss her terribly.

Count your lucky stars! My last lab slept on the floor, my current lab mix sleeps in the bed.

And he wants to spoon! :eek:

Shawn Pixley
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
My employees ensure that the floor mats (or couch, bed, floor, etc.) don't start floating away. The also excel at chasing plane shavings across the shop.

Marty Gulseth
04-04-2013, 3:10 PM
Oh! I thought this was gonna be about reading SMC while at work (and thoroughly enjoying this particular thread...)

Regards, Marty

Bert Kemp
04-04-2013, 4:36 PM
I really think you have the right employees there, as Humans have much more tendency to be SLACKERS.