PDA

View Full Version : No Lee Valley April Fools Tool????

Casey Gooding
04-01-2013, 9:27 PM
Did I miss it or did they not do it? I look forward to it every year.

Jim Neeley
04-01-2013, 9:34 PM
Check out their spider vise.. it even makes pencil sharpening easier... :-)

Jim in Alaska

Mark Dorman
04-01-2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=70655&c
Veritas Spider Vice

Andrew Arndts
04-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I think couple of years ago they had a "Pocket Knife" that in all reality had some nice features on it. I was bummed that it was a joke. Now this "Spider Vice" I can see those who do Segmented bowls actually be useful. In Theory of course

Jim Matthews
04-02-2013, 7:02 AM
I love the backing music to these things.

There's a tool company that shall remain un-named, that has production values
a "Bridge" too far for my taste... this was a gentle poke at them.

I like the "svelte" 99kg line.

I like to refer to myself as 150 pounds of rock hard muscle, clothed in 60 pounds of fat.
Svelte at 99 kg - good one.

george wilson
04-02-2013, 8:25 AM
A tremendous amount of effort must go into these April Fools jokes!! I think the spider vise would be a useful tool,too.

Casey Gooding
04-02-2013, 8:54 AM
I could only find it after Mark posted the link. I think some of the recent April 1 tools could actually be pretty useful. I tend to prefer them a little more on the ridiculous side.

Mark Denovich
04-02-2013, 4:57 PM
If you search for "AFD" on their website you will get a list of all their April Fools Tools they've announced over the years.

Klaus Kretschmar
04-02-2013, 5:02 PM
A tremendous amount of effort must go into these April Fools jokes!! I think the spider vise would be a useful tool,too.

+1 on that. I have an idea, that this tool didn't start it's life to become a joke. Could imagine that it has been a serious prototype that was cancelled for economical reasons or so.

Klaus

Jeff Willard
04-07-2013, 9:59 PM
I think some of the recent April 1 tools could actually be pretty useful. I tend to prefer them a little more on the ridiculous side.

You can buy the story tape-in metric, imperial, or Mesopotamian.:D