PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla has landed

mike malone
05-10-2005, 6:02 PM
my gorilla has finally arrived with just a minor ding to the flange that holds the filter...thank you UPS.
This unit was ordered 4/25 and shipped 5/03 and came equipped with a Baldor motor. So if anyone ordered a unit in this time frame I guess you can expect the US made motor(s) as well.
I hope that setting the thing up doesn't become a career and that I finally get a clean shop. The MDF dust is a killer and I still have a rash due to working with it 10 days ago.
best to all!!

Jim McCarty
05-10-2005, 6:08 PM
He shoots! He scores! Alright Mike. Glad to hear you got the Baldor. Hope the primate I ordered on 5/2 comes with it too. Jim:D

Joe Mioux
05-10-2005, 6:44 PM
Aaaaa, Mike, no pics?:eek: Inquiring minds want you to prove it, especially, if you have the Jim Becker Limited Edition version.

mike malone
05-10-2005, 7:04 PM
hi joe
mine is the "Gorillas in the Mist" version...has a pic of Signourney Weaver on the side.
regards
m

Corey Hallagan
05-10-2005, 7:09 PM
Congrats on the new Gorilla, I agree with you on the MDF, nasty dust for sure!

Corey

mike malone
05-10-2005, 7:15 PM
hi corey
aren't you supposed to be working 24/7 on that shop??
get down and give me 20!!!...then get back downstairs and don't forget we are waiting for photos.
regards
mike
BTW...makin' any progress?

Corey Hallagan
05-10-2005, 7:23 PM
Mike, yes working hard, I am just plain sore. If I was a navy seal cadet, I would be ringing the bell about now!! :) Again, congrats!!

Corey

Andy London
05-10-2005, 7:54 PM
Congrads Bud, You will love this unit!! Hey I see you are in CA, considering our weather I am thinking perhaps I should fly over and give you a hand with the set up, probably get a tan doing it :rolleyes:

Andy

Jim Becker
05-10-2005, 9:32 PM
Congrats, Mike. You'll enjoy your system and it really isn't all the difficult to get set up. Do get some help hanging the blower, however. It's really not a one-person job. Heavy and awkward to lift.

Frank Pellow
05-11-2005, 8:01 AM
Congrats, Mike. You'll enjoy your system and it really isn't all the difficult to get set up. Do get some help hanging the blower, however. It's really not a one-person job. Heavy and awkward to lift.
Congratulations Mike!

I agree with everything that Jim said. I lifted mine into position twice (because, as some may recall, I got the wrong brackets the first time), The first time was with three people and the second time was with two. It was a real strain with only two of us -the job with three was easy.