PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

john swank
03-31-2013, 9:05 AM
I would like to thank those who helped me with a drawing awhile back. I am still learning alot about Corel but I am improving thanks to this site. Below is a photo of the of the inlay that I was helped with. Maple plaque, walnut and cherry inlays.

Mike Null
03-31-2013, 9:08 AM
John

Thanks for posting the photo. Inlay really opens the door to new opportunities and better income as well. Nice work!

Dee Gallo
03-31-2013, 9:50 AM
Hi John, you did a really good job with those! It's a good inlay example, nice and tight. Will you color fill the lettering or leave it natural? In situations like that I like to use shoe polish - it's fast, easy and subtle.

cheers, dee

john swank
03-31-2013, 9:59 AM
We colored the text using a method that Donna (?) described. 1st floor wax, then brown acrylic, and then waxed again. I don't have a photo of the colored engraving. Forgot to take one at that point. We have been doing alot of experimenting with inlays lately. I will post some more pictures when complete.

Ronald Erickson
04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Wow, that turned out great! I remember doing that redraw a few months ago. It was a great learning experience and helped me to better understand CorelDraw. I'm glad I could help. :)
(Here's the original thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?196487-Help-With-Drawing)